Auto Roof Return Broken by Railing

KilianDrafting

Anyone encounter this on their full auto roof return? 59d4f20810136_Autoroofreturnissue.thumb.png.2ed4fdbb5a56dbd39ccf6e13712d3361.png

- I have lowered the ceiling height of the open deck to see if that would cause the issue (even though I have ceiling unchecked)

- I pulled back the railing connection to the face of the exterior wall

- I tried pulling the top handles of the railing down, but it wouldn't let me move them down

- I tried removing the roof return and then putting it back on.

It was good before, but I moved the deck edge four feet to the right and when I pulled up the overview I noticed it split the auto roof return.

I checked to make sure there are no attic walls above the railing that are causing this. Not sure if I am missing something or just need to draw it manually.

I suggest you make the offending rail wall Invisible and then fill it in with slabs, poly-line solids of soffits to make the railing visible. but first, see if making the wall invisible solves the unwanted gap in the return. You can also turn off the auto full return and draw a manual return as a possible solution.

DJP

Next time try using a manual roof return. Auto roof returns can be temperamental. I opened the plan and changed the 2D wall color (cause the baby blue was making my head spin) and the roof return corrected itself.