zero entry house & garage

ChiefuserLarkin

Hi, with my zero entry house my 8' garage doors are pushed right up under the soffit.  The roof is manually drawn, how does a guy go about raising the roof to allow 8' garage doors and still have all the soffits line up on the garage and house?  And without wiping out parts of the manual roof?  Any help would be appreciated!

I can send the plan, would rather not put my floors plans on for everyone to use!

my email is completedesignsvcs@yahoo.com

Thank you!

Jason

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Jason, 

Select your roof tool, hold your shift key down and draw a marquee around all roof planes. Then go to the transform and replicate dbx and put a check in the box beside move category. Then put 12" in the Z section.

This will move all roofs at the same amount and not mess with the manual ones.

On 10/4/2017 at 9:16 AM, NRST8TRKR said:

Just raising the roof isn't going to help if the ceiling isn't raised. That is where you will get clearance for the doors.

Have a great week,Ken

This!

My garage door guy says he "prefers" 9'-3" clearance for and 8' overhead door but he has squeezed them into a 9'-1 1/8" high ceiling. Most 9' ceiling homes have at least a 3.5" drop at the garage floor so this is usually not an issue. However, if the roof is an 8/12 or better your soffit will be right at the door trim. The best way to overcome this is to raise the heel height on a truss or set the rafters above the ceiling joists.