Window Lite Height

Cassidi

You can change the number of vertical lites to adjust the height.

If the number of vertical lites is 2, the height will be 1/2 the window height.

If the number of vertical lites is 3, the height will be 1/3 the window height.

If the number of vertical lites is 4, the height will be 1/4 the window height.

etc.

craftsman lites.png

4 hours ago, Cassidi said:

I can add more, but I want to make the lite 1/3 up the window, not right smack dab in the middle :/ 

Use Craftsman type in a Fixed window with 1 light across and 3 lights vertical.

New Image_243.jpg

Or, if you want the choice of top third or bottom third (or anywhere really), use a Single Hung window and use the Bottom Component Size setting to place the muntin.

New Image_244.jpg

Or, you can always use Custom Muntins. 

• 2 months later...

Yes that is a good and bad thing about the software all at the same time.  The tool will appear on the bottom toolbar after cad blocking the cad lines and reselecting the window however some doors do not allow this feature.

If that is the case then things get a little more complicated and you may have to use 3D Molding Polylines like in my Symbol tutorial: 

It worked Chopsaw!  Took me a bit, but I got it.  Yes, it appears at the bottom after the block is made an then window selected.  The key is to add no lites in the Open Object dialog (otherwise divides the difference in a weird way) and just draw what you want on the glass and then load muntins.  A great help.  Thank you.  Now if they could just design it so we can add muntins at different thicknesses.  

And thank you too Solver!

7 minutes ago, ChiefWorkhorse said:

Now if they could just design it so we can add muntins at different thicknesses.

There was a recent request for thickness and profile which can be done custom with the 3D Molding Polyline but is quite complicated.

But if you mean width, then that can be set in the Window Plan Defaults under the Lites tab.

One Default width that should satisfy most builds but you can also adjust it for each individual window by wiping out the (d) and entering the new width.:)  If you need to have different widths in the same window then again 3D Molding Poly lines or symbols.