Roof Lost Fascia

MarkMc

Doing an as built for a contractor I deal with and well I'm a cabinet guy-don't really do roofs.

On the front of this the fascia goes away and then those little I don't know what you call em get added to the sides. I realize I could add a psolid for the fascia but guessing that there is some sort of pilot error going on and would like to know the proper way to correct it. And then the I don't know things :)

Roof question.png

Roof question.plan

In the roof plane dbx, go to options, boxed eave.  Uncheck the one that says "default to overhang".  Enter the actual eave edge distance there.  The fascia can be fixed by pulling the clipped roof plane out a little and it will force a fascia to rebuild.  This was a quick response and I admit I did not load the plan.  I thought this might help though.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, glennw said:

Mark,

Grab the Baselines for the 2 truncated front hips and move them just a little towards the house - I just used 1 click of the left arrow button.

That seemed to fix all the problems.

New Image_241.jpg

Great thanks all.

Mark,

That doesn't really fix the problem though.

That will make things look OK, but when you use the join roof planes tool, the roofs revert back to how they were.

You play around more and find out exactly what is wrong.

Or you could just do the above and move on.

I've been having the problem of the disappearing fascia as well, on one roof plane.

I can make the fascia reappear by moving one edge of the problem roof plane slightly. But then the fascia will later disappear again - even though I haven't touched that roof plane or anything around it.

If I move the edge of the roof plane back a bit, save, exit, reopen, and then move the roof plane again (to the previous position), the fascia will reappear. I think it is must be a "bug".

FWIW I sent my plan with the disappearing fascia in to Chief tech support. They can't offer an explanation or fix for the issue, and have turned it to over to the development team. For now I've just manually drawn the fascia/soffit to mostly cover the offending area up when the fascia decides to disappear. 

Took little time to digonose why fascias would disappear. And from past experience I had a similar scenarios that was caused by unseen roof edge connections and complications related to breaks around edges that result from manual roofing in case. So I have created a video on how I often times make sure, if that diasapeareance of fascia is caused by the above mentioned problems. Then I thought to share a video while messing on the roofs. And it worked fine, I closed and reopened the plan to see if it is back, but it doesn't disappear even when I using the roof join tool, drag, rejoin etc. So I think you may find helpful watching this crappy video I created while trying to diagonose and fix the problem.

roof question.jpg

• Upvote 1