Placing PLN into Google Maps

TJLentz

Just now, lbuttery said:

not that I know of

but it would be nice

I have some projects where this would be a nice feature to have

Lew

5 minutes ago, TJLentz said:

I would like to know if X9 allows us to place a plan into Google maps or some other real world map

Export and configure into sketchfab then export from SF to mapbox

There are other things you can do for illustration purposes such as create a panoramic image of the lot and then use that as your background or overlay a high res satellite image or areal photo into your plot plan.  If you have a flat lot you can actually apply that image to your terrain depending on the surrounding topography that can be quite effective.  Endless possibilities...  Some within Chief and some that require supporting software just depends on the situation and requirements / clients wishes and budget.

Post and example and someone will try to guide you as to how it might be done.

1 minute ago, TJLentz said:

Thanks for your reply. While it sounds like it can be done then, I do not understand "greek" yet so am still in the dark.:huh:

Just now, lbuttery said:

Rene:

nice to know and will check out that route

not the same as going directly from Chief :)

Lew

It's a bit advanced as TJ said "Greek"

Lew, I know you've become accustomed to forcing chief to be what we want it to be, ha..you always have creative approach to CA's hindrances.

TJ, I consider Chief Architect (CA) as a money-spot software, capable of tremendous returns when utilized to the last drop. When a contract comes through for the full package it tickles me pink. Namely, space planning, conceptual drawings, permit ready drawings, build set, renderings, 3d renderings, public models(sketchfab), user material manipulation(colimo)..etc..The full package saves the client so much in cost on individual items, which allow me to push them toward funding such things as mapbox integration, in the name of advancement. My client's get INTO this, they are enthused and want to be a part of what we do, because they are given a level of involvement unknown to them. 

The overall benefit ends up being a collaboration that includes all of the players, which make for a better product. When it's all said and done you've essentially been paid to produce marketing material and separated yourself from competitors  in the meanwhile.

4 minutes ago, TJLentz said:

Thanks, now it looks like I might be able to understand.

The "lot" has an existing house on it so would need to be able to delete that before placing the new drawing on it. 

Is this possible as well?

TJ this is a different request then what I understood of your OP.

You could leave the map as an image, Photoshop the house out first, and place a model over the top and export as a new image

Ok, rather than waste everyone's time here, it looks like I need to enroll in a remedial class where I can learn this stuff.

Where would you suggest I start?

I have been using Chief since X1 for small projects but just retired so would like to learn more.

52 minutes ago, TJLentz said:

Ok, rather than waste everyone's time here, it looks like I need to enroll in a remedial class where I can learn this stuff.

Where would you suggest I start?

I have been using Chief since X1 for small projects but just retired so would like to learn more.

post to the services wanted forum, time available, I offer teaching/coaching as well as others, I probably am on the expensive side for what you are looking for, but by all means put it out there and see who bites...and good luck!