Reflect about....

Designer1

Thanks for the replys.  Heres the example.  I already accomplished it but it was very cumbersome because you all know how walls extend attach and dont always reflect or mirror identically.  So the curved wall on the right of the center staircase was perfect but I wanted to reflect about and mirror it on the other side of the staircase... I couldnt find the right tool to do this because when I did reflect about, it just moved the wall instead of copying from the original wall.  So clearly I didnt use the right tool...I just wondered what tool would I use the next time to do the job of copy and reflect? I looked at multiple copy and replicate tool but you had to use all the coordinates and reflect about object tool was the only one I knew would get it just perfectly mirrored to the other side.

I know confusing to describe huh!

Curved wall.jpg

32 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Thanks Mark.  When I used the reflect about object and did that very thing it just took the wall on the left and reflected it to the right correctly but didnt leave the original wall.  The method your describing does it keep both walls?

Yes. Tested before I posted with a simple plan- curved stair, curved wall, and a line, in a box. 

Problem with copy in place is you can't have two walls in the same place, the copy just replaces the original "in place". 

Ctrl alt c puts it on the clipboard. I've only ever done this with keyboard shortcuts, don't know if mouse works. 

• Upvote 1

Great thank you guys!  In all the years since version 9 Ive used chief Ive never had to do this... funny how you use some tools all the time then like this Ive never done this before.  Kind of cool to learn new tricks in chief.

Thanks again!