new cursor roof icon

DBearss

It's going to come back any time you make a change that causes the walls, floors and ceilings to be invalid.  This includes modifying any walls, rooms, ceilings, roofs, or anything else that modifies one of them because it is attached to it in some way.  Basically, it will come back on anytime you change almost anything.

You can make it go away and stay away by turning on Auto Rebuild Walls/Floors/Ceilings in your 3D View Defaults dialog.

Was there some reason that you turned it off to begin with?

David,  Does that annoying icon go away if you turn off "Behavior Inidicators" in Preferences> Behaviors> Edit Type ?   And then just use F12 to update when you want to as Lew suggested.  Then you still have the speed advantage with Auto Rebuild Off.

As per Dermot's comments below I should have said that these are very advanced settings that should only be used carefully in extreme situations where you are forcing the software to do something it was not intended to do.  And you should always remember to reset those settings when you are finished with them.

Edited by Chopsaw

To be honest, I have never worked with auto rebuild turned off and would never encourage anyone to. 

I would also be surprised if turning this off really made much of a difference in speed.  Chances are that if you are experiencing slow downs with a particular plan that turning this off will not make much of a difference.  You may want to look more into what is slowing down your plan instead.

The bottom line is that if you are going to work with it off, you should get used to the icon.  All it's doing is telling you that you need to do a BFC which you can do manually anytime you want to make sure the model is up to date.

I would also recommend that you never turn off your behavior indicators.  If you do, you will miss all of the useful things that the program will tell you which can avoid lots of confusion. 

I will have to experiment with leaving it on. And recently I believe you are correct that there may be some other issue with speed as I have recently started to get an occasional blue screen of death.

BTW I closed that project to work on another. Opening it back up again the cursor is gone.

Thanks.