Soffit doesn't match facia

Draftsman-don

You may have to zoom in to see my settings. I want the facia to be 1x6 and I assumed that the lookout is what determined the soffit position so I made them 2x4's. Joe you're saying that the soffit follows the rafter size? hmmm. I shouldn't have to change the rafter size to control the soffit I wouldn't think, maybe there is something I'm missing.

soffit settings.JPG

You can set the sub-fascia to whatever size you need it to work, a framer might have to cut the eaves anyway, we do it all the time. if you set the sub-fascia to 0" ,the siding or stucco will go all the way up to the roof. Both Joe and Eric are correct

• Upvote 1

OK so as long as the sub facia is smaller than the facia, the soffit board will be behind the facia. I assume that the term subfacia is referring to the member that is directly behind the facia, and I guess I had incorrectly assumed that the soffit board was fastened to the lookout. I'm learning that Chief is a very intuitive software, as long as you know how it thinks. That's what I've been learning and again, I appreciate all of your times to help  a newbie.