Door & Window Scedules

56chevvy

Hi guys,

Two questions:-

1) Is it possible to adjust the horizontal grid lines in the Schedule to make the grid pattern more economical on the page when sent too Layout?.....ie: to condense size of grid without altering scaled image of joinery

2) Why doesn't an arrow show for sliding doors & windows, even though Opening Indicators' is checked.

Thanks in advance....Steve

If you click on the Schedule box, grab points allow the vertical column width to be altered, BUT, the grab point that appears in each row, (typically over D01/D02 etc) shows an up/down arrow, but it doesn't work. Hence, the horizontal width cannot be altered.

What this means is if I send a Schedule to Layout at 1:20 with objects scaled selected, there is a lot of whole space that cannot be reduced, meaning that sometimes I need to display a schedule on several Layout sheets, when it should be able to display all info....to scale....on 1 Sheet.

YES....please have Opening indicators for sliding doors & windows.

5 hours ago, 56chevvy said:

If you click on the Schedule box, grab points allow the vertical column width to be altered, BUT, the grab point that appears in each row, (typically over D01/D02 etc) shows an up/down arrow, but it doesn't work. Hence, the horizontal width cannot be altered.

What this means is if I send a Schedule to Layout at 1:20 with objects scaled selected, there is a lot of whole space that cannot be reduced, meaning that sometimes I need to display a schedule on several Layout sheets, when it should be able to display all info....to scale....on 1 Sheet.

I see now.  I guess I never actually use schedules with "Scale Images" checked.  For the record, you CAN resize the column width and the height will decrease as well but then your images may get really small.  I would really recommend you just uncheck that setting.  You're actually getting exactly what you asked for if you do check it.  What that setting does is it scales all objects in your schedule the same,  It doesn't actually use any particular scale and as I said you can change it just by resizing the column width.  What it does do however is it keeps all the images at the same scale as each other (whatever that scale might be). 

The problem with scaling images like that is that the height of each row and the width of the column is being controlled by the tallest or widest object in the schedule.  Bottom line, if this isn't the desired behaviour, uncheck the setting.  If you don't like that either then contact tech support or post a suggestion with what you think would be a better solution. 

6 hours ago, 56chevvy said:

YES....please have Opening indicators for sliding doors & windows.

Please post your support over in that thread if you really want your voice to be heard.