Cabinets 'expanding' to side walls

anvl369

Does anyone know how to stop the cabinet from 'expanding' to the side wall.  I'm trying to place a free standing cabinet near the side wall but still leave space between the cabinet and side wall. 

CA keeps wanting to expand it to touch the side wall....no filler added to plan or 3D.  Plan photos attached.  Thanks.

CABINET EXPANDING TO WALL.JPG

cabinet expanding to wall 3d.JPG

12 minutes ago, anvl369 said:

Does anyone know how to stop the cabinet from 'expanding' to the side wall.  I'm trying to place a free standing cabinet near the side wall but still leave space between the cabinet and side wall. 

CA keeps wanting to expand it to touch the side wall....no filler added to plan or 3D.  Plan photos attached.  Thanks.

CABINET EXPANDING TO WALL.JPG

cabinet expanding to wall 3d.JPG

Turn off "automatic fillers" in cabinet defaults general

screen 036.png

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, solver said:

I'll sometimes hide a soffit for a cabinet to bump in to.

I believe the default Mark shows effects all cabinets, and there is no way to control fillers for an individual cabinet.

ct1.thumb.jpg.6fb1292b4bd5be9c1976a350f8c5320b.jpg

Yes it does but since I have to order fillers I want to place them myself :) have them as shortcut keys- FW, FB, FT...

• 6 years later...

Hi, Top hop on this because it causes the same problem.

Any way to keep extended styles from disappearing when cabinets are against each other? I am attempting to set up a cabinet system that allows for tall inset cabinetry with extended styles cover frameless cabinets to make it all look like once piece from a manufacturing point of view. 

Extended stiles are similar to automatic fillers in that the program will resize them depending on how far apart the cabinets are.  So even if you set your extended stile to something like 6", but your cabinets are only 2" apart, you will only see a 2" extended stile in a camera view.

There is a trick to make the program not do this and that is to make your cabinet an architectural block.  Then it will keep the 6" extended stile regardless of whether it is against another cabinet or wall.  You just select the cabinet while holding the shift key and then you can block it.

Maybe this will help you solve your problem but there might be other ways as well.  Your description is not very clear and it would be good to post a picture or a plan showing what you are trying to do.