Do I need to upgrade to Chief Architect Premiere to show multiple plan options?

mgianzero

I own just a hobbyist who owns a copy of Home Designer Pro that I've used for a couple of years to draw out some remodeling options for my current home.  But, with all the options we have to move walls, closets, and even reconfigure bathrooms, it gets hard to manage which file has what.  

I really want to be able to select different layers (thinking this is the best approach) to share multiple plans with my wife (and builder) as to what all my remodeling options are.  But I wanted just one file to do this.  I'm noticing that Chief Architect Premiere has more control over layering than Home Designer Pro.   Do I need to upgrade to CA Premiere just to do this?  And is this the best approach?

Sorry, but I didn't find much information about this online.  I also don't know how to exactly search for what I'm looking for.

Marc

2 hours ago, mgianzero said:

And is this the best approach?

I started using Chief Premier Version 4 on Windows 3.1 in 1994 for a remodeling firm. The only viable method whether you use Premier or Pro is to have a relationally correct  "As Built" model. Then save as copies of it to make differing versions of your remodeling ideas. Placing them all in one file is not recommended nor is it workable. Do not waste your time with the "one plan file wish".

DJP

Note:  Chief can have 30 floors in a plan

so putting the alternative options on another floor may be desirable ?

it has been requested for over a decade that Chief allow for TOTAL layer control

so that the model and various options reside in one plan

besides layersets and annosets - Chief should have Plansets

I believe Softplan has a feature that allows this

Lew