Line Style not printing as shown

BryanXG

Have you tried turning on print preview mode or show line weights?  We don't display line styles on the screen the same way that it will print unless you turn on print preview or show line weights.  Also, as far as what displays in a normal plan view, you should use the page setup tool to set your plan scale to match what you want to print it as if you want to see it accurately.

If the line styles on the screen do not match what prints out in a pdf while you are in print preview mode, then you should probably report this to tech support.

• Upvote 1

Dermot, thanks for the swift reply.

Both "Show line weights" and "print preview" did the trick (showing how it actually prints).

I then edited the Line Style to get something acceptable to print.

It seems a little clumsy (archaic even) not having it print as it displays.

If you print to 1/4 scale, why would the Line Style not be 1/4 of its designed size.

My Line Style has a repeat length of 3/8", and is 1/8" at its highest... one would expect 176 repeats on a 66" line, but I get ~3½ repeats.

I rarely fuss with it, so I can't give you exact instructions.  But - there are Line Weights in both Plan and Layout, and they effect how the spacing looks in dashed line types, as well as line thickness.  Try getting it the way you like it in plan (with Show Lineweights on) and setting to same in layout.

And/or read up on this topic in help etc.

lineweights.png

• Upvote 1