Plot Plan and Roof Plan

UYAWNEY

Hi. I have purchased Chief Architect Premier X9 and I am new to this program. I have a few questions about the PLOT PLAN drawings:

1.       I followed a video and I drew a PLOT PLAN as CAD detail. I would like to show the PLOT PLAN on the floors and the foundation plans? What should I do?

2.       I would like to show ROOF PLAN (solid line) with HOUSE outline (broken line) on the SITE PLAN. I have a hard time to do this. The only choice I see is to display floors not the roof plan. Do I have to draft the ROOF PLAN and the HOUSE outline by hand?

3.       If I am on the PLOT PLAN (CAD detail) and I want to generate TERRAIN from the PLOT PLAN I don’t see the Convert Polyline   edit button icon. Do I have to be on the first floor plan to do this?

4.       How can I see the ROOF PLAN without the floor details? I always see the ATTIC PLAN but not a ROOF PLAN.

Thank you

2 hours ago, UYAWNEY said:

I followed a video and I drew a PLOT PLAN as CAD detail

That is one option but it has limitations.  It seems that you would be better served by drawing your Plot plan not in a Cad Detail but within the plan file which also allows you to generate a terrain and include terrain features within your Plot plan.  Lots to learn.... Keep watching videos in all your spare time.  Start with the CA series then move on to others that are available that give a different perspective and more advanced techniques.

3 hours ago, UYAWNEY said:

Hi. I have purchased Chief Architect Premier X9 and I am new to this program. I have a few questions about the PLOT PLAN drawings:

1.       I followed a video and I drew a PLOT PLAN as CAD detail. I would like to show the PLOT PLAN on the floors and the foundation plans? What should I do?

2.       I would like to show ROOF PLAN (solid line) with HOUSE outline (broken line) on the SITE PLAN. I have a hard time to do this. The only choice I see is to display floors not the roof plan. Do I have to draft the ROOF PLAN and the HOUSE outline by hand?

3.       If I am on the PLOT PLAN (CAD detail) and I want to generate TERRAIN from the PLOT PLAN I don’t see the Convert Polyline   edit button icon. Do I have to be on the first floor plan to do this?

4.       How can I see the ROOF PLAN without the floor details? I always see the ATTIC PLAN but not a ROOF PLAN.

Thank you

OK - a couple of tips:

1 - To show your site plan in the plan view:  once you have your plot plan drawn in a cad detail:  Select everything, Ctrl-C to put it on your windows clipboard, change to floor plan view, Ctrl-V to paste.  While it's still selected, you can move it around to have the correct relationship to your structure.  We never move the building, we move (rotate, etc) the site around the building.

2 - To show roof plan in same view

1. Start with learning to do a new Layerset.  I love anno sets, but that can come later.  Start with Chief's Plot Plan layerset - (copy it or use it) and edit which layers show, their colors and line weights etc to suit your needs. For instance, roof edge lines are dashed, probably want solid.  Walls show as just two lines - no fill or other lines. 
  2. Move your roof planes to your first floor level.  (Um - only do this if no framing yet - it'll screw you up).  To do this, go to whatever level your roofs are on.  Select roof tool.  Put a box around everything - it should select only roof planes.  If only roofs selected, there's a tool at the bottom to move them up or down a level.
  3. Then, if you want just single lines for the perimeter of the house, use cad to trace that exterior line. After you do that, use layer controls to turn off all layers called "Wall...." in that Plot Plan layerset.
  4. If you're going to need your roofs to be on an upper floor long term, trace the roofs also.

you won't need to draw any cad lines if you can learn reference sets for roof and plot plans. I always keep everything live using what Chief gives us. I don't really like drawing cad lines on any plan. With the changes anyone might  have, it's really the most proficient method, but may take a little time to learn.

1 hour ago, DRAWZILLA said:

you won't need to draw any cad lines if you can learn reference sets for roof and plot plans. I always keep everything live using what Chief gives us. I don't really like drawing cad lines on any plan. With the changes anyone might  have, it's really the most proficient method, but may take a little time to learn.

I do cad lines because I don't want to be forced to keep my roofs on the same level as my site plan.  But yes, - then gotta manage them.

On 9/20/2017 at 2:42 PM, WendyatArtform said:

Then, if you want just single lines for the perimeter of the house, use cad to trace that exterior line. After you do that, use layer controls to turn off all layers called "Wall...." in that Plot Plan layerset.

Or the fast way to draw this is to select the exterior "room" and make a Room Polyline.