Importing old chief 9.5 drawings in chief X9

EmmaCox

One of our old clients wants to do an addition on a cottage that we built back in 2005. Back in 2005 the drawings were done on Chief Architect 9.5 and we have the old drawings files saved. The file types are PL0, PL1, PL2, PL3... which I think are the plan files and every floor would be saved as a different file for some reason. There's also file types that are PB0, PB1... as well as LA1, LB1 which i'm guessing are the layout files.

I tried to do file > import > import drawing, on the new Chief X9 but none of the files showed up for me to open. 

Anyone know how to open Chief 9.5 files into new Chief X9?

Emma not sure why this is happening I always copy old files into the most recent version of Chief so I don't loose the previous version and never had this problem I have brought older the 9.5 files forward to add onto a plan I had done previously, maybe someone else will chim in or if you have SSA call them

X9 can't read any plans older then V10.

You will need to read them in with an older version of Chief (X8 would be good if you still have it installed) and then save them.  Then you will be able to read them into X9.  If you do not have an older version of Chief installed or available to install, you should contact tech support for more help.