drop down windows within CA

murphybuild

• 1 month later...

It would be helpful to know what version of Chief you are running and also what operating system and which specific update you are suspecting caused the problem.  You can put all that in you signature so others can help you better.

im using X9, windows 10. not sure of the update version, but it was the latest windows update. it was a major update. anytime i open a window while im working within the plan sets not only do i lose part of the window, it seems to revert to an older version of windows. its strange but is happening on my employees computer as well.

If you press you windows Key and R then type in   winver   it will give you your windows 10 version and build number.

Then go to settings> Update & Security> Update History and check the KB numbers and corresponding dates because not everyone is on the same update schedule with Microsoft.  Some people are just updating to version 1703 now while I have had it for a while now but was nowhere near the first to have it.

You may want to contact Microsoft and or CA tech support or just roll back to your restore point.  1703 took out 2 of my 3 monitors and it took me a while to straighten it all out.

I just got KB4041676 last week and things seem ok.

Maybe take a screenshot of what you see as well. I assume you tried maximizing and restoring down, your window to make sure it fits your current screen resolution before discounting that.

If this is happening on multiple systems, I would assume you have similar/identical hardware on both systems, correct?