Roof Defaults - degrees vs. rise/run setting

rfantclt

I don't believe you can specify the default in degrees, only in in/ft. However, simple math (or a construction calculator) can convert a pitch in degrees to a pitch in in/ft. Otherwise you're stuck with modifying the pitch within each individual Roof Specification dbx.

Build a roof plane, open it, uncheck "Pitch In Degrees".  Now go back into your roof defaults and see if that gives you what you're after.  You can do the same thing in an Imperial plan to go the other direction...Build a roof plane, open it, check "Pitch In Degrees", and then you should be able to set your default pitch in degrees. 

Seems kinda silly.  There should be an easier way to change this right in the defaults.

9 minutes ago, Dermot said:

Open the "General Plan Defaults" dialog box.

Check or uncheck "Show Pitch as Degrees"

You can get to the "General Plan Defaults" by double-clicking on the Select Objects (arrow) tool.

You can change this in either imperial or metric plans.

Thanks Dermot.  That makes more sense.  It seems like that setting should be right there in the Build Roof dbx. though.  I mean we can change it in the Roof Plane Specifications...why not in the Build Roof dialog where its actually being used?

Thanks so much, Dermot!  That does it but I totally agree it ought to be right there in the Roof Defaults settings.  I am modifying a template for a project and going through both Preferences and Defaults but never found the General Plan Defaults with that option.

And if you didn't find that setting ahead, here's where you can change it after the fact - the dbx for individual roof planes.  And - marquee select does work on roofs, to change many at once.

Or - Ha!  Just tried it and changes via General Plan Defaults does change all.  "who knew?"  Hmmm - I think Dermot knew.

pitch_in_degress.png

Edited by WendyatArtform
tried something else and added note