Dormer Problem

mikes616

I created dormers using the automatic dormer function.  It comes out fine except that the section of wall under the sloping ceiling appears as a solid wall in plan.  Is there any way to hide this?  I have attached the plan noting the problem and also included the interior view,  Your thoughts?  X9 user.  Thanks.

Mark59aa8e519c7fe_DORMERPROBLEMINPLAN.thumb.jpg.5f8e3520c68b304eee95e8e0770d3e9c.jpg59aa8e5257de4_DORMERPROBLEMWITHVIEW.thumb.jpg.cc1e2bf697dc2309f4661e5fc00d86f0.jpg

On ‎9‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 8:10 AM, WendyatArtform said:

...  If you don't want that layer turned off, make your own additional layer, and turn that off.

Probably the better piece of advice, for example, I tend to leave the attic walls on to create automatic gable walls and to inform of changed ceiling heights and then turn off auto generation of same.

I vacillate between showing the extended dormer walls and hiding them.  Typically, most of the dormer work I do is spreading attic trusses apart and building walls between supported by  the ladder framed floor.  Given this scenario, I break (the exploded) dormer wall at the knee wall and use solid white fill and annotate that wall is to be constructed as a rake wall mechanically connected to the supporting girder truss. 

If I am working in snow country where better support is required by building a top a girder or lvl rafters then I hide the wall altogether as you suggest.