2020 compatibility

ericepv

34 minutes ago, ericepv said:

Has anyone had experience with file sharing between Chief and 2020?

Files do not share between the two. You can export a 2D floor plan which can be imported and traced otherwise 2020 can't import much worth anything except from Envisioneer.

IF you know the correct cabinet codes for the brand AND have that set up for the labels then a cabinet schedule can be useful. If you also know the codes for accessories and modifications even better, those can go into one of the cabinet OIP fields. (I use "Code").

I have copied and pasted a good cabinet schedule from CA to a spreadsheet and then used that to copy and paste into 2020 to get individual cabinets. They still have to be placed into the floor plan (or alternately into an "Item List" in 2020 and just use Chief drawings. It can be extremely fast once you get the hang of it in 2020 BUT the 2020 operator needs to be capable. Last I knew 2020 could not import any sort of cabinet list on it's own.

Forgot just in case- as far as getting 2020 files into Chief-it can export 3D dwg but that comes in a a single object-really don't want to go there IMO.