Open Areas Not Rendering In Camera Views

adasdkf39324

I am having the hardest time getting chief architect to render from my loft down to my living room (over the railing) see shot 1. It renders great in a perspective floor overview (see shot 2), showing the loft and area below, however in my camera view it is just gray (the open area see shot 3), and I can't see the room below. The area is selected as "Open Below" and the camera has the setting for "Show Lower Floors in Floor Overviews" selected. I am using the standard camera not the floor camera (although both do the same thing). Would love to figure this out, I'm sure it's something simple.

post-1936-0-89439600-1405218880_thumb.png

post-1936-0-81197400-1405218899_thumb.png

post-1936-0-07125400-1405218996_thumb.png

the floor camera will only show the current floor

which camera are you using

I think there is a setting on one of the dbx's to include the other floor

but I don't remember which one

I think it was added in X5 or X6 ???

are you using an older version of chief ?

Lew

Go to 'Edit', then click on 'Default Settings', then select 'Camera' then 'General Camera'.  There needs to be a check mark in the box next to "Show lower floors in Floor Overviews".  If that box is checked, then post the plan, and I'm sure we can figure it out for you.

Go to 'Edit', then click on 'Default Settings', then select 'Camera' then 'General Camera'.  There needs to be a check mark in the box next to "Show lower floors in Floor Overviews".  If that box is checked, then post the plan, and I'm sure we can figure it out for you.

Jeff, I think this box only applies to OVERVIEW cameras. The OP said he was using the 'standard' camera, which I interpret to mean the 'Full' camera. The 'open below' area should show with the 'Full' camera.

I look at his pictures and I see things that I am not sure if I could do.

- no finish on end of wall

- floating baseboard

- floating wall

- no finish on slope ceiling

- no drywall where ceiling joists are

Some users will request you post a plan, not a good idea if you do not want a solution. Many many posters have posted a plan and they fell into the evil trap of getting very quick and concise solutions. You are doing the right thing. Keep those guys guessing.