Roof Help

AmandaBrady

Need some help / suggestions on how to draw roof on a non typical 1.5 story house.  The 2nd floor starts halfway through the depth of the main floor and lines up with rear house wall (see attached picture).  The 2nd floor overlooks an open to below section on main floor where the roof would have a 12:12 pitched vault to allow for headroom on 2nd floor. I watched the video tutorial for 1.5 story houses but it doesn't let me manipulate the one wall on 2nd floor to allow for the additional headroom against exterior wall.  Maybe I have to manually draw this roof but thought I would check here if anyone knows an easier way.

Thanks!

drawing1.pdf

Here is the start of my plan.  I was trying to figure the roof out before I got too far into the rest of the details. 

As mentioned before I built this roof based off the "storey and a half" tutorial so the roof layer is showing up on main floor.  I am just looking to manipulate the back wall of the 2nd floor that has living space so we have more headroom.

Sanderson.plan

You don't have a room definition because some of the walls are nominated as Atttic walls or No Room Definition walls.

Both of these prevent a room definition.

Fix that and then change the ceiling height of that room to zero or something like that.

In the Build Roof dbx, uncheck Ignore Top (2nd) Floor. 

It still needs further work, but that's the basics.

New Image_231.jpg