Foundation not aligning

ladycoralie

Not sure how you're actually building this structure, but I'm guessing what you probably need to do is this...

Walls.png

Change all your exterior walls to those settings and I think you should be good to go.  I imagine that's how you will actually be building too but of course that's just a guess.

• Upvote 1

You need to make sure you change your defaults for your exterior walls to the recommendations by Michael and Eric.  I am not sure which settings make the gap close but I had to do it for all three of your floors.  For the Foundation walls, I first zeroed the sill plate height and then unchecked the display/build of the sill plate.  Then I got the gaps to close up.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Alaskan_Son said:

Not sure how you're actually building this structure, but I'm guessing what you probably need to do is this...

Walls.png

Change all your exterior walls to those settings and I think you should be good to go.  I imagine that's how you will actually be building too but of course that's just a guess.

Hi Alaskan_Son, I went around and changed them all to what you suggested. What does "building too close" mean?

2 hours ago, CJSpud said:

You need to make sure you change your defaults for your exterior walls to the recommendations by Michael and Eric.  I am not sure which settings make the gap close but I had to do it for all three of your floors.  For the Foundation walls, I first zeroed the sill plate height and then unchecked the display/build of the sill plate.  Then I got the gaps to close up.

Hi CJSpud, I went around and changed all the wall sill to 0 height, but I don't know where to find the uncheck display/build of the sill plate bit. This is really strange. Normally I just build a new floor using the "derive..from floor below option" and it's good to go.

Thanks Guys for all your help.

Cheers and thanks

Coralie

2 hours ago, ladycoralie said:

I went around and did both of the above suggestions to all the walls, but I still have problems with the 2 front walls. I'm not sure what to do next. I have attached the plan.

Thanks

Coralie

Rustic Lodge.plan

You just missed those 2 walls is all.  For the record, you don't actually have to remove the sill either.  Simply changing the structure settings should be all you need. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Alaskan_Son said:

You just missed those 2 walls is all.  For the record, you don't actually have to remove the sill either.  Simply changing the structure settings should be all you need. 

I can't fix it. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. These walls are exactly the same as the other walls on the same level, but the gap won't go. I tried building the exact same building in x8 and had no problem with gaps. None of the parameters for hanging the floor platform above on wall etc, are checked in the x8 version. Is this something new for x9 that you have to go around and fix the structures of the walls like this? Attached is a pic of the wall for the gappy ones and they are exactly the same as the other ones that are working. I also tried unchecking the sill plate and making it 0, but that didn't work either. I just don't know what to do next. I must be missing something. Sorry to be such a pain.

x0Structure.jpg

x9foundation.jpg

Rustic Lodge.plan

9 hours ago, CJSpud said:

Michael was right ... make the structure tab setting changes and the gaps go away.

I'm really sorry, but it didn't work for me. I'm attaching 2 pics of the structure and the foundation. Can you please tell me what I need to do with them? I've made a mistake somewhere and I can't figure it out.

8 hours ago, 7654321 said:

Try changing the 2nd floor walls to ICF Siding , and add the block material 

Thanks, but I don't know how to do that either.

structuretab.jpg

foundation tab.jpg

In post #10, you are selecting the wrong wall in elevation view.

You are selecting the level 2 wall so that when you then select "Hang Floor Platform Above On Wall" it is not being applied to the correct floor platform.

You need to select the wall on level 1 (the middle wall in elevation - not the topmost wall) and then check "Hang......."  

To complicate things a bit more, the horizontal wall in the bottom left hand corner on level 2, does not line up with the wall below. 

• Upvote 1

You need to  add a Exterior layer other than insulation foam  to the  walls  on floor 1 & 2   there are several in the wall specification properties box to choose from Brick or  siding...   

Rustic plan.JPG

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, glennw said:

In post #10, you are selecting the wrong wall in elevation view.

You are selecting the level 2 wall so that when you then select "Hang Floor Platform Above On Wall" it is not being applied to the correct floor platform.

You need to select the wall on level 1 (the middle wall in elevation - not the topmost wall) and then check "Hang......."  

To complicate things a bit more, the horizontal wall in the bottom left hand corner on level 2, does not line up with the wall below. 

AHA! Thanks Glenn. that did it. I was just so confused. I've never had to go around and change the walls like that before. Whenever I've derived a floor from the one below it has just been automatic. Sorry to have been such a pain in the bum.

1 hour ago, 7654321 said:

You need to  add a Exterior layer other than insulation foam  to the  walls  on floor 1 & 2   there are several in the wall specification properties box to choose from Brick or  siding...   

Rustic plan.JPG

Thanks 7654321, I will keep that in mind. It seems to have resolved itself now.

On 8/24/2017 at 5:53 PM, 7654321 said:

Rustic plan.JPG

I think what 7654321 is referring to is the fact that you don't want to see ICF Foam above Ground level , so change the ICF Wall type to ICF-Masonry or Siding in those areas or adjust the Wall definition to whatever the Final Wall finish is ..perhaps Stucco ? (plaster).     He was not saying it would fix your gap issue...

M.