Editing Macros in Layout Box Specification > Labels

1q2w3e

18 minutes ago, IvanCyr said:

Second, on the layout, I've set up a template feature where I use the # for page sequencing using the Label selection on the Layout Page Specification, and to be able to automatically create duplicate pages for Titles for Floor 1, Floor 2 etc.  Is there a way to "capture" that # value as it starts with 1 then sequentially moves up one as an integer.  On any particular page, can I "read" within Ruby code on any given layout page what that # is currently showcasing?  This would be helpful but I can't seem to glean that info from anywhere.

Did you try  %layout.label%  or am I missing something more complicated ?

2 hours ago, Chopsaw said:

Did you try  %layout.label%  or am I missing something more complicated ?

Likely more complicated...but maybe I'm overthinking this. I'm trying to ascertain in the Layout a mechanism to decipher when the %referenced_view_floor_number% is the "Attic" floor, that I can literally write "Attic" in areas in the layout at will.  I can return the floor number ,but when I'm dealing with a 2 story home with a foundation, Floor 0 is the foundation, and Floor 3 is the Attic.  I'm trying get either a counter to "see" the Attic (as it stands now I can ONLY glean an integer)  or the other idea is that we duplicate/add/delete layout pages manually to the number of floors in the building and my template is designed to automatically sequence as much as I can automatically...and if I can get a comparator to the manual "label" which generally gives me pages, I can then create a script to test for "Foundation" at floor level 0 using %referenced_view_floor_number% and then compare %layout.label%'s # value (the value of #).

I have the foundation figured out; easy since it is literally Floor 0; simple.....just don't know how I can "find" if the %referenced_view_floor_number% is actually the Attic.  I'm thinking I can compare it to the manually set up pages whether I add or delete...the template is set up for a foundation with 2 floors.  I can't see a way to glean the # value.  Perhaps is as simple as the leaving the # symbol in the Label section and finding other text set up in a macro to fill in the titles using other scripts/macros???

Got some testing to do....

40 minutes ago, IvanCyr said:

I have the foundation figured out; easy since it is literally Floor 0; simple.....just don't know how I can "find" if the %referenced_view_floor_number% is actually the Attic.

I really don't think there is a way to directly compare and come up with that using chief's global's.

When you build your model, do you actually use the attic level or assign it as level 3 typically.  I suppose you could send each of the %layout.label% results to a custom global and analyze how many have been accumulated and assign the Attic label to the highest number.

It may be easier to just manually set up a page and then delete it if is not required or delete the Level 2 if it is not required and Attic would become Level 2 also if for some reason you had a four level build just duplicate Level 2 to become Level 3 and Level 4 would become the Attic.

20 hours ago, Chopsaw said:

It may be easier to just manually set up a page and then delete it if is not required or delete the Level 2 if it is not required and Attic would become Level 2 also if for some reason you had a four level build just duplicate Level 2 to become Level 3 and Level 4 would become the Attic.

This is what I do but I'm also unclear what the use case is the OP is trying to achieve.

If he puts layout boxes with the page label or even a hard-coded label, then he can relink the new plan, and not have to do anything else?