Can't build lower deck

ladycoralie

Go to level 0 of floor plan and select Deck room and open DBX>Deck>Select "Automatically regenerate deck framing."   Also go up a level and Deselect "Roof over this room" in the Structure>Ceiling tab.

Keep up the good work, it looks like things are progressing for you. :)

Interesting that the first time I opened a perspective full overview Chief  hard crashed on me.  Has that been happening with this plan file to you ?

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Chopsaw said:

Go to level 0 of floor plan and select Deck room and open DBX>Deck>Select "Automatically regenerate deck framing."   Also go up a level and Deselect "Roof over this room" in the Structure>Ceiling tab.

Keep up the good work, it looks like things are progressing for you. :)

Interesting that the first time I opened a perspective full overview Chief  hard crashed on me.  Has that been happening with this plan file to you ?

Thanks Chopsaw. That got the deck going. Yes, things are progressing. it's like one step forward two back for me though. I got the deck built but it isn't the same height as the floor in the rooms. Can't figure out what is wrong. If you go to the room with the sliding door and lokk out, you will see the different level. I don't know how to fix this.

I don't find the 3D crashing on me. I have got a lot of stuff in it though.

Cheers and thans

Coralie

Sorry yes now I see the problem. Just open the Room DBX and go to the structure tab and set Floor (C): to something like -2830mm which is about 50mm below the basement room with the door.  Check your local code to see if there are min regulations for this.  Or just make them the same if you can justify it.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Chopsaw said:

Sorry yes now I see the problem. Just open the Room DBX and go to the structure tab and set Floor (C): to something like -2830mm which is about 50mm below the basement room with the door.  Check your local code to see if there are min regulations for this.  Or just make them the same if you can justify it.

thanks Chopsaw. That fixed it. I was just wondering if you thought the basement rooms were the right height too?

The unspecified room that exits onto the lower deck was set at -2778mm so I just suggested to increase that by 52mm resulting in -2830mm  but if you change the room you will also have to readjust the deck accordingly and maybe terrain as well.

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Chopsaw said:

The unspecified room that exits onto the lower deck was set at -2778mm so I just suggested to increase that by 52mm resulting in -2830mm  but if you change the room you will also have to readjust the deck accordingly and maybe terrain as well.

Hmmm. I don't quite understand. Is there a reason why the floor height of the deck and the room are different? I mean. I would have thought to make the floor height of the deck the same as the room, but it doesn't match. Is this a building thing?

If you set both the deck and room to -2778mm and cut a cross section through both you will see that the top of decking is -2778 and the top of subfloor is -2778 and the 12mm floor finish will be above that.  Sometimes I just use my cursor cross hairs to verify things like that in the early stages and you can watch the Z: value on your Status bar at the bottom right of your screen to confirm the elevation.

• Upvote 1

I just left it as a deck but if you want to pour some cement that might be better for that location.  I just selected the default ceiling but you can change the material if you like. Just hit the edit button for (J):

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Chopsaw said:

I just left it as a deck but if you want to pour some cement that might be better for that location.  I just selected the default ceiling but you can change the material if you like. Just hit the edit button for (J):

Yay! I finally got it. Thanks for all your help. I'm quite exhausted now and am off to have a Nana nap. Cheers Chopsaw and thanks again..