layer control in layout

SNestor

Is there a way to send multiple floor plans to a layout page...with different layers turned on for each time the plan is sent to layout?

What I have is a design of an outdoor room...option #1 adds a fire pit.  Option #2 adds a trellis over the fire pit.  I want to send (3) copies of the floor plan to the same layout...that shows the (3) options.  But...it's seems when I turn on the different layers...all the plans show the same thing.  

Am I missing something?

Thanks!

2 minutes ago, SNestor said:

Is there a way to send multiple floor plans to a layout page...with different layers turned on for each time the plan is sent to layout?

What I have is a design of an outdoor room...option #1 adds a fire pit.  Option #2 adds a trellis over the fire pit.  I want to send (3) copies of the floor plan to the same layout...that shows the (3) options.  But...it's seems when I turn on the different layers...all the plans show the same thing.  

Am I missing something?

Thanks!

I figured it out...

The answer is to create new layer sets that turn on the individual layers as needed.  

Therefore:  

- Layer Set #1:  Base Plan layers

- Layer Set #2:  Base Plan layers + Fire Pit layer

- Layer Set #3:  Base Plan layers + Fire Pit layer + Trellis layer

11 minutes ago, dshall said:

You need a different layer set for each view.

Apparently you are using the same layer set for all 3 views.

Just now, Joe_Carrick said:

You could also use different Reference Layer Sets to display the additional items. 

Yep...I got it.  I created new layer sets for each view.  Problem solved.  

Thanks for helping me out!