pjs-tex

I have a property near downtown Austin, Texas, that I would like to develop. I am not yet a Chief Architect user, but looking to purchase the program. My first step so far is to get a full survey of property including Boundary Survey, Tree Survey,Topo Survey and Survey of ground utilities. I am told by survey company, that I can get a Auto-Cad 2000 format which I believe would be a .dwg format, that I believe can be imported into Chief architect.

I have read some of the posts in the forums, and thus far I am seeing a few new users starting their projects, and basically floundering due to inexperience in using the program. I really want to avoid making mistakes in the early stages, especially in the importing of the survey file. I also need to dance around a few trees, so I also need help establishing a building footprint . There is also the City of Austin rules, relating to setbacks etc, which are relatively straight forward  IE McMansion rules and allowable square footage  for size of lot requirements.

So having said the above, I am looking for an experienced designer, that can help with design, as well as with construction drawings and materials list.

Let me know your comments.

Kind regards

paul

property devlopment.jpg

I can help you!

I am a creative designer with unique experience and perspective from my collection of work as a designer and builder.  I have degrees in structural engineering (BS Rice University) and architectural engineering (MS University of Texas at Austin) and have planned, designed and developed various types of projects over my 30-year career. 

I use Chief Architect Premier X9 (SSA member) and have used Chief Architect since Version 9. I use GoToMeeting to work with customers and am technologically versed in all types of software that help me in my design business including, for example, creating flash and 3D pdf files.

Regards,
Charles

• 4 weeks later...