Designer/Drafters in Olympia WA area

MrWizard

Looking for a Chief Architect design/drafter who can create full set of construction plans & details for simple 1350 sqft cabin design.  Home Designer Pro model completed & spec/illustration pages available.  I believe this will be a prescriptive design.  149Nantucket3D_RtFrt_06072017a.thumb.jpg.9778fa90061d78749515a0ef7f714a5d.jpg

You should contact Jared, he is down that way.

But, you should also consider using Richard to do a review of your plan.  The best money you will spend.

Also, prescriptive costs more in implementation costs than engineered plans do we find.  Its worth engineering a plan and will often save money overall.

1 hour ago, MrWizard said:

Looking for a Chief Architect design/drafter who can create full set of construction plans & details for simple 1350 sqft cabin design.  Home Designer Pro model completed & spec/illustration pages available.  I believe this will be a prescriptive design.  149Nantucket3D_RtFrt_06072017a.thumb.jpg.9778fa90061d78749515a0ef7f714a5d.jpg

Hello.  I can definitely help you.  Feel free to call me any time.  253.777.2362

1 hour ago, johnny said:

But, you should also consider using Richard to do a review of your plan.  The best money you will spend.

Also, prescriptive costs more in implementation costs than engineered plans do we find.  Its worth engineering a plan and will often save money overall.

Thanks, Johnny! Good point about the engineering. It's always worth running some numbers to see if alternative structural systems might save money. If you can save, say, even $1500 in materials by investing $1000 in extra engineering, that's a pretty good ROI. In this particular design, I would love to see more attention paid to details like adding the corner boards that will be actually be there (I'm assuming that the T1-11 isn't going to be mitered, lol), attention to consistent window types, sizes, and head heights, and the proportionality of the second floor masses to the lower floor. (Also, I think the roofs are overly complicated for a "cabin.") What I often see is that people overlook simple ways to create more interesting volumes for the interior spaces by making an assumption that it's going to be "expensive" to vault a ceiling, etc. This reminds me of a cabin I designed a number of years ago where steeper roof slopes kept the outside less massive, but allowed for more interesting spaces inside. (Sorry for the photo quality. These are just snaps from the homeowner because the house was in North Carolina.)

Outside yes.jpg

66bb034.jpg