Spam Or Worse

raltd9245

I just noticed that 12 people have viewed the "Women who loose weight...." thread today. After reading the lead article on Time Mag. last night I would suggest that it may be dangerous to even look at these spams. BEWARE ALL.

I open then close, just so it won't stay highlighted as "unread"

CA needs to block all postings from new posters till they have

been vetted by a moderator

this forum has been getting blitzed by these spams and it is annoying :(

Lew

I always look at that stuff and click the links that might be there. Mostly just out of curiosity.

Why just the other day I was able to invest a large amount of money with some really nice Russian outfit via the internet.

I stand to gain 10 times my investment in just a few days.

Can't beat that with a stick.

Andy.

I open then close, just so it won't stay highlighted as "unread"

Lew

There's no need to do that. Skip that post (you already know it's spam obviously by it's title) and when you've finished reading the other subjects in e.g. General Q & A, just click on the icon to the left and it will mark all as read whether you've read that particular post or not.

I have a few observations on this topic. I was under the

impression that one of the main reasons this new forum

format was implemented was superior spam prevention.

When spam is present I would like to be able to simply

mark it as read and be done with it. I don't know how

everyone else reads this forum but personally I just log

on, click on the "first unread post" dot beside the first topic

on the page and go from there. When I get to the bottom

of each thread I don't go "Back to General Q&A" but merely

hit the "Next Unread Topic" link. There is no way to know if

the next unread topic is spam or not so it is quite easy to

inadvertently open an unwanted topic. If I have to go back

to the General Q&A page after reading each thread it will

make using the forum a very unpleasant experience.

This spam usually hits on the weekend.  Since many here don't post on the weekends, I'll volunteer to be a weekend monitor.

I monitored Nikon Cafe for a year.

There are two right now (Saturday morning) posted late Friday night, "Beautiful And Attrive Body By This Supplement" and "The Gymnasium Putting Undercu"

Yep Spam was high this weekend but I think the Mod is back as I  think I  hit the report button at least 8-10 times in the last few days and all have disappeared including the two late last night.

Keep hitting the Report button , they will get the idea and hopefully do something about it......

Wait!? So you mean to tell me that some random person (that I've never met or even heard of) from some foreign country far far away, didn't leave me his 6 million dollar fortune after his death, that i can get in no time if I just pay the banks fee's of $8,000.00?! I'm devastated! All kidding aside my family was out over $36,000.00 due to the fact that they targeted my spouse's mother-in-law's mom who was in the beginning stages of Alzheimer's. We don't know what they said to her to get her information but they got her banking info and began pulling large amounts of money out of the account. We were never able to recover that money. I believe CA should monitor the first few posts of new users. 

• Upvote 1

Wait!? So you mean to tell me that some random person (that I've never met or even heard of) from some foreign country far far away, didn't leave me his 6 million dollar fortune after his death, that i can get in no time if I just pay the banks fee's of $8,000.00?! I'm devastated! All kidding aside my family was out over $36,000.00 due to the fact that they targeted my spouse's mother-in-law's mom who was in the beginning stages of Alzheimer's. We don't know what they said to her to get her information but they got her banking info and began pulling large amounts of money out of the account. We were never able to recover that money. I believe CA should monitor the first few posts of new users. 

That is why it is so funny that some guys on here thought is was a joke when I posted. DON'T EVER EVER OPEN SOMETHING THAT YOU DON'T KNOW WHERE IT CAME FROM PERIOD.