Hi All,

I am having trouble adjusting the height of attic walls. It seems to be a new problem in version X9. In previous versions, I was able to edit the walls in 3D using the handles and size and shape them manually. See the attached plan. I am working with the attic walls above the garage. I have drawn the belly bands, and I want the walls above the belly band to be board and batten. The ceiling height is set at the belly band height, so that doesn't seem to be what the 3D wall is based on. Thanks for your help!

LOT 7 PHEASANT HAVEN, BENNETT.zip

3D PIC.jpg

thank you! that was easy! I am actually having this problem with a lot of my plans now in X9 even with more normal attic walls than in the plan above. I attached an example here where the attic walls don't quite meet the belly bands where they did before in previous chief versions. I don't know why the side gables look right but the back one doesn't.  Making the pony wall (split behind the belly band) would solve the problem, but it seems like the height of the bottom of the attic wall should be something I can control by changing some sort of default setting.

LOTS T1&T2 GREAT NORTHERN HEIGHTS.zip

back gable pic.jpg

It is Best practice not to Pull / Push or alter Wall Poly-lines in 3D unless all you are after is 3D Pics/Elevations etc as that move alters Default wall heights and the Framing etc too....

Bottom of the Attic wall should be at Room Height plus the thickness of the Ceiling or Floor assembly above it... usually....

On the plan attached you need to rebuild you foundation , auto build is off and you have altered the Floor plan after building it... , look in 3D under the Garage Door

On 8/9/2017 at 2:41 PM, solver said:

An easy way is to make the lower wall a pony wall -- siding-6 over siding-6.

Adjust so the split is behind the band.

ct1.thumb.jpg.d28046632582eab2a86eab8a07162f0a.jpg

I would say that this is probably the best practice, and adjusting your attic walls should be avoided.