Elevations in Color

mcrump

I have been away from Chief since I upgraded to X9 because, quite frankly, things have been slow in my neck of the woods.  Well........I started on a simple plan last  night and when I generated my elevations and sent them to layout.  They came in in color.  I thought I remember in X8 and earlier the elevations came in in black & white.  Has there been a setting change in X9 or am I simply doing something wrong.  Thanks!

Yes they are also live now but take a significant amount of computing power to keep them that way when open with a large plan file.

You can open the layout box DBX and change the settings back to the old way of Plot lines if you like or just do that while working and turn on the new bling when you are done drawing.

Mike

Hey its Justin from Charlotte.   You have several options.  The elevations can be "live" which will send just how you have them and update as you make changes.  For that you can just turn off color with the color/bw toggle.

Or, you can send elevations as plot lines.  (this is what I do).   You have to manually update with this method, but it allows you to clean up any unwanted lines and even fudge a few things in CAD if need be.

You can also tone down your pattern colors easily without messing with the layers...etc.

Hope that helps