CAD line dimension and arrows not showing

bddemers

I have a simple straight CAD line on my lot plan. No buildings, just laying out the property to setup driveway/parking areas. I selected 'show arrows' and 'show dimensions'. They don't show up. Any ideas? I checked the display table...everything is check marked. Line weights, color, etc look good. Thanks.

4 minutes ago, bddemers said:

I have a simple straight CAD line on my lot plan. No buildings, just laying out the property to setup driveway/parking areas. I selected 'show arrows' and 'show dimensions'. They don't show up. Any ideas? I checked the display table...everything is check marked. Line weights, color, etc look good. Thanks.

Did you use manual dimensions or automatic? did you pull any dimensions, they don't show up automatically...

Can you Post your plan?

Where did you select "show arrows" and "show dimensions"? In a dialog box? In the layer display options? I'm confused, because I've never run across that specific language in Chief. Show us a screen shot of where these settings are, and it will help us give you an answer.

I assume the OP meant "Show Length" and "Show Angle" (if I remember the correct terminology).  My guess is that the text style is currently just too small to see.  Select the line, check what layer it's on, and change the text style for that layer to something with a much larger text height.  

• Upvote 1

The line I'm talking about goes from the bottom right corner to the left side of the little box (driveway). Again, maybe I did it the wrong way...I used a CAD Line and simply opened the object and selected show arrows and show dimension. They are there, but too small. I did try to use a dimension tool, but could not get the angle/end points correct. The CAD Line allows me to set the angle to any fraction of a degree I want.

5988a0194765e_ScreenShot2017-08-07at1_12_49PM.thumb.png.312a3ddb0dbc7c0a6586840edeb9ce64.png

36 minutes ago, Alaskan_Son said:

I assume the OP meant "Show Length" and "Show Angle" (if I remember the correct terminology).  My guess is that the text style is currently just too small to see.  Select the line, check what layer it's on, and change the text style for that layer to something with a much larger text height.  

I believe Michael gave you the answer. Determine the scale you want to use for the lot plan, then define a text style to print at the size you want for that scale.

• Upvote 1

Got the dimension tool to work using the parallel tool. I did get the arrows to get bigger on the CAD line, but never could get the dimension to show up bigger by changing the default text style....anyway, it looks how I need now. Thanks everyone!! :)