Drywall Issues and One Other Question

GTdraftingdesign

Hi,

I'm having drywall and double top plate issues in a model.

1.) I broke a wall to setup some balloon framing. I notice that the drywall now runs through the cut in the wall. How do I turn off the drywall so that it stops at the perpendicular wall?

2.) I'm having issues with drywall showing pass the double top plate. The walls that I'm using are attic walls. How do I pull the drywall back to that it fits snugly under the ceiling drywall?

3.) How do I angle double top plate so that it matches roof pitch?

I've provided an image along with this topic. Thank you in advance for any information to correcting the issues I'm experiencing. I need to sleep tonight.

Drywallissues.jpg

3 hours ago, GTdraftingdesign said:

3.) How do I angle double top plate so that it matches roof pitch?

This is a little tricky but Michael makes it look easy here : 

2.) I'm having issues with drywall showing pass the double top plate. The walls that I'm using are attic walls. How do I pull the drywall back to that it fits snugly under the ceiling drywall?

Not too sure without the plan file but you could try turning off the rebuild of Attic Walls in defaults and then redefine the wall to not have drywall.

1.) I broke a wall to setup some balloon framing. I notice that the drywall now runs through the cut in the wall. How do I turn off the drywall so that it stops at the pe

Likely could be easily fixed with the Edit Wall Layer Intersections tool. 5986b3cfa86a9_EditWallLayerIntersections.jpg.e18da8d611f55713a34fc2062f9fb874.jpg

Thank you. The video is awesome, and I plan on tackling rotating top plates tonight.

I believe my problem with the drywall issue had to do with setting up my roof incorrectly. I specified 9 1/2" roof joists but failed to specify depth of sub fascia. They were set for default value of 5 1/2" or something like that. So, looking at the 3d framing, the roof rafters were 9 1/2" until the rafter tails connected with the 5 1/2" sub fascia and the tails ended up cutting to fit the sub fascia. However, I cannot explain why the drywall would move pass the double top plate to match the the cut in the roof joist tails up to the 5 1/2" sub fascia.

The Edit Wall Layer Intersection tool worked.

All is good now.