KITCHEN - PLACING OVEN INTO CABINET (PROBLEM)

interiorarch

Hello.

Please see attached screenshots & Chief Architect floor plan for reference.

I am currently building a kitchen for a client and am trying to place a steam oven and regular oven into full height base cabinets.  If you look go into the kitchen and look at the cabinetry tucked into the "cubby" made of drywall, on the left you will see a full height cabinet with two areas for appliances.  The ovens are both Sub-Zero/Wolf appliances featuring  dimensions directly from their website.  However,  when I go into my "Full Height Cabinet" Specification box - Front/Sides/Back - 6 Appliance & 8 Appliance - both Item Heights allow me to enter their actual size but the Width is locked out.  How do I unlock the width to make sure everything is as accurate as possible!  

Hopefully this all makes sense.

Thank You!

KITCHEN_OVENS_CABINET.png

WOLF_OVENS.png

KITCHEN_STEAM_OVENS_CABINET.png

CHIEF_TALK_FLOOR_1_UPDATE_AUGUST_FRIDAY.plan

This feels like deja vu.  I think Jonathan gave you a very good answer in the last thread.  As I recall, he basically suggested the same method I used in the video I made you for the apron sink situation.  Go back and take another look.  I think the answer

to your problems is to learn how to adjust the 2 side stiles either directly or by splitting face items vertically.  

• Upvote 1

Hi @Alaskan_Son.  

Maybe it is Deja Vu! ;)

Unfortunately, after following all of Jonathan's steps I still had no luck. The microwave Jonathan had  placed in that space afterwards was not the one Wolf (.dwg file formate) has provided from their website.  

I look forward to hearing your input. 

Best!

51 minutes ago, interiorarch said:

Hi @Alaskan_Son.  

Maybe it is Deja Vu! ;)

Unfortunately, after following all of Jonathan's steps I still had no luck. The microwave Jonathan had  placed in that space afterwards was not the one Wolf (.dwg file formate) has provided from their website.  

Best!

Alaskan was correct, you need to delete your appliance sections, then split them vertical in 3 parts, a left stile, right stile, and middle appliance, so that you can specify the width of the Stiles to create the correct width of your appliance or vice versa, then split that parent horizontally to add your second appliance. This is all in the video if I remember correctly

1 hour ago, Alaskan_Son said:

This feels like deja vu.  I think Jonathan gave you a very good answer in the last thread.  As I recall, he basically suggested the same method I used in the video I made you for the apron sink situation.  Go back and take another look.  I think the answer

to your problems is to learn how to adjust the 2 side stiles either directly or by splitting face items vertically.  

Hi @Renerabbitt Is there anyway you could quickly show me the first part of your response in pictures.  I am still slightly confused.

Thank You!

Just now, interiorarch said:

Hi @Renerabbitt Is there anyway you could quickly show me the first part of your response in pictures.  I am still slightly confused.

Thank You!

If you download a free copy of teamviewer I will show you live, PM when you have the application installed and I will give you the ID and password you will need to see my screen.

On 8/4/2017 at 0:57 PM, interiorarch said:

Hi @Alaskan_Son.  

Maybe it is Deja Vu! ;)

Best!

I'm afraid you've already heard my input.  If you still don't get it, I'm sorry, but you may have to put a little more effort into following our directions.  Jonathan's directions were good whether or not he used the exact same appliance or not (by the way, I don't recall the file format being part of your question either), and I think my directions were pretty good as well. 

P.S.  Please remember that everyone here is donating their own personal time to help out.  Its a little frustrating and insulting even when a person takes a bunch of time to help spell out an answer for you through multiple posts, or takes time to make you a custom video for you and you either don't even respond,  convey no gratitude, or worse yet...delete the thread that another user had invested so much time and energy responding to (which it appears you may have done with the previous oven thread).  I'd just suggest that you maybe try and be a little more considerate in the future if you want to continue to receive free professional expertise and guidance.  Unfortunately the number of people that seem to value other people's time and energy on these online forums seems to be dwindling at best and it makes it rather difficult to justify spending our otherwise valuable time helping out. 

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, Alaskan_Son said:

I'm afraid you've already heard my input.  If you still don't get it, I'm sorry, but you may have to put a little more effort into following our directions.  Jonathan's directions were good whether or not he used the exact same appliance or not (by the way, I don't recall the file format being part of your question either), and I think my directions were pretty good as well. 

P.S.  Please remember that everyone here is donating their own personal time to help out.  Its a little frustrating and insulting even when a person takes a bunch of time to help spell out an answer for you through multiple posts, or takes time to make you a custom video for you and you either don't even respond,  convey no gratitude, or worse yet...delete the thread that another user had invested so much time and energy responding to (which it appears you may have done with the previous oven thread.  I'd just suggest that you maybe try and be a little more considerate in the future if you want to continue to receive free professional expertise and guidance.  Unfortunately the number of people that seem to value other people's time and energy on these online forums seems to be dwindling at best and it makes it rather difficult to justify spending our otherwise valuable time helping out. 

Unfortunately if it is free,  the help  is not always appreciated.  

I always appreciate  the time many of the pros give for free...  including the help Michael passes out,  he is a true asset to the forum.

• Upvote 3

On 8/4/2017 at 5:52 PM, Renerabbitt said:

If you download a free copy of teamviewer I will show you live, PM when you have the application installed and I will give you the ID and password you will need to see my screen.

You can also share screens with SKYPE if you have that.

On 8/4/2017 at 4:57 PM, interiorarch said:

Hi @Alaskan_Son.  

Maybe it is Deja Vu! ;)

Best!

Are you trying to insert a DWG file?

That will not work.

• Upvote 1

• 5 weeks later...

@Alaskan_Son @DRAWZILLA @dshall @Renerabbitt and Jonathan (who originally responded to my question).

We honestly were not trying to put down anyone's directions...We are very  grateful for all the support Chief Talk's forum offers and how other users (including yourself) have provided us with in order to improve our own skills in Chief.  Also, in terms of the thread that was deleted, this was an accident due to learning Chief Talk's admin/user interface.

Hopefully we are able to still receive more helpful input  from you and many others in the future.

33 minutes ago, interiorarch said:

@Alaskan_Son @DRAWZILLA @dshall @Renerabbitt and Jonathan (who originally responded to my question).

We honestly were not trying to put down anyone's directions...We are very  grateful for all the support Chief Talk's forum offers and how other users (including yourself) have provided us with in order to improve our own skills in Chief.  Also, in terms of the thread that was deleted, this was an accident due to learning Chief Talk's admin/user interface.

Hopefully we are able to still receive more helpful input  from you and many others in the future.

No worries, if I recall looking through your plan file there were a few strange things going on, in particular soffits that could be created with walls/wall definitions, and wall definitions with no framing layer that just needed different color fill and line wight colors to create the look you were trying to achieve. This is just from recollection, something to check out..

• Upvote 1

Hi @Renerabbitt

I am so sorry for the delayed response.  I really appreciate you rememberingAlso a couple notes from previous plans.

• When you say "soffits that could be created with walls/wall definitions" are you talking about the headers I had in the first floor. Do you know of any tutorials to help me create these types of elements in the more formal way you are talking about.  
  •  The area where you mentioned wall definitions with no framing layer...When you say they just needed a different color fill and line weight, I am not sure I recall this question I had for you.  Again if its more about the actual wall thickness, etc. we always make sure the thickness of the walls are exact when tracing floor plans, however, we don't really need to focus on the actual materials within the wall (i.e. insulation, etc) and other architectural exterior elements.  We still build the entire house from what our architects provide, however, our main focus is more on custom cabinetry, headers, etc. related to the interior.  

If you would like I could resend that floor plan for you to look over when you have time. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thank You!

4 hours ago, interiorarch said:

Hi @Renerabbitt

I am so sorry for the delayed response.  I really appreciate you rememberingAlso a couple notes from previous plans.

• When you say "soffits that could be created with walls/wall definitions" are you talking about the headers I had in the first floor. Do you know of any tutorials to help me create these types of elements in the more formal way you are talking about.  
  •  The area where you mentioned wall definitions with no framing layer...When you say they just needed a different color fill and line weight, I am not sure I recall this question I had for you.  Again if its more about the actual wall thickness, etc. we always make sure the thickness of the walls are exact when tracing floor plans, however, we don't really need to focus on the actual materials within the wall (i.e. insulation, etc) and other architectural exterior elements.  We still build the entire house from what our architects provide, however, our main focus is more on custom cabinetry, headers, etc. related to the interior.  

If you would like I could resend that floor plan for you to look over when you have time. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thank You!

Sure post it again here