what specs would you reccomend for a laptop / portable workstation to rum CA on

Don_Straub_Const

I am a project manager and construction manager for Design and build company along with I have my own company. Of late I find my self doing a lot of work onsite or from the desk in my truck.

I am currently using a Toshiba Satellite  Intel (r) Core i7-5500u CPU@ 2.4 GHZ and 8 GB of installed ram, OS window 10 running CA 8 64 byte. 

I have been experiencing long lags while editing the layout pages or moving items any suggestions of what would be a better rig for mobile operations ?

On 8/3/2017 at 11:57 AM, Don_Straub_Const said:

I am a project manager and construction manager for Design and build company along with I have my own company. Of late I find my self doing a lot of work onsite or from the desk in my truck.

I am currently using a Toshiba Satellite  Intel (r) Core i7-5500u CPU@ 2.4 GHZ and 8 GB of installed ram, OS window 10 running CA 8 64 byte. 

I have been experiencing long lags while editing the layout pages or moving items any suggestions of what would be a better rig for mobile operations ?

There are a ton of very recent posts on laptops that stir a host of responses, try searching..I vote ROG lappys.

Also if you have PDF's within your plan they tend to hog resources, you may want to check through your plan to find the slowdown cuplrit..it's likely not your hardware but a problem with an element of the layout file