APRON SINK | KITCHEN

interiorarch

Hello.

Please see attached screenshot & Chief Architect floor plan to use as reference. 

If you look in the kitchen area of my floor plan, I am currently trying to build a apron sink set into a base cabinet.  The actual base cabinet is 35" W & the physical apron sink is 30" (Yes! This is the way we want it). My question to you is how might I get a box unit around the sides of my apron sink (left & right sides) in order to fill the gaps in the overall unit.  I tried using 3D boxes/polyline solids & fillers with no luck.

I look forward to your input in order to solve this.

Thank You!

Bosnak_Apron_Sink.png

CHIEF_JULY_UPDATE_725.plan

Hi interiorarch!

I think if you follow the same steps in my post on your other thread:

I think this should work similarly.

The only thing is that instead of specifying an appliance, you'd leave the space an opening.  Then from there you would manually place the sink and cut your countertop around the sink.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Copy sink to user library- then open symbol, adjust the symbol origin, options and stretch planes-trial and error until it works (learn by doing).

Sink placed in the cabinet- custom counter top with adjusted cutout -had to delete the original counter top removed from the cabinet which BTW I did not know or expect but learned by doing. No fillers, no extra separations- just another way to solve it. (I've used the other methods mentioned as well for apron sinks)

BTW, if a client wanted aisle spaces that narrow I'd refuse the job-not that you asked.

screen.png

screen 002.png

3 hours ago, Alaskan_Son said:

Not my cleanest or most organized work but hopefully this helps...

There is just so much i learn watching you work in Chief - not even necessarily the subject matter of the video even - you just know so much about Chief.  Thank you.

• Upvote 2

Thanks, Michael. I have struggled trying to get these sinks to play nice with CA and always had to come to a compromise that never was "correct." At least your method will get a good 3D look I can use. I wish CA would improve the insertion of these sinks as I use them more and more thanks to Pinterest. :)

Michael,

I always get good tips from you! I don't know how you find things like blocking a countertop hole into place. But genius!

As I was watching you figure out the height of sink off-screen, I wanted to remind you that you can do dimensional math right in the DBX itself. (Which I'm sure you know, of course.)

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Richard_Morrison said:

As I was watching you figure out the height of sink off-screen, I wanted to remind you that you can do dimensional math right in the DBX itself. (Which I'm sure you know, of course.)

Thanks Richard.  I actually do that all the time too.  It wasn't the math I was actually having a hard time with though.  For whatever reason I was drawing a blank with regard to exactly what numbers I was supposed to be calculating.  I felt kinda silly when I realized all I needed to do was subtract bottom of sink height from the cabinet height.  Just one of those mental blocks...I get them from time to time :)