Export / Save Image from screen showing gridlines

Vintageltd

Has anyone run into this before?  I exported an image file to use in a layout (Export->Picture), and when printing, a grid shows on the image.  It's almost as though it's showing a transparent background hatch pattern like you'd see in an image editing program, but the grid is physically there, as part of the image.  And of course, it shows on the print.

I even tried just taking a screenshot, and the grid still shows... even though there is definitely no grid displayed on the elevation.  It's almost like the grid is invisible on screen, until you take a screenshot, and it gets "turned on" in the saved image.

Thanks for any suggestions, I likely have a default set incorrectly someplace  or some such.

Roland

EDIT:  Well... for some bizarre reason, the mentioned gridlines don't display on my uploaded image.  I'm really confused now.  They print on two different printers, display in a PDF, and show up in any image editing program I try.  They even display in Windows Photo Viewer.

Uploaded Images

•  
  •  

Thanks, but that was the first thing I'd tried.  I always run with gridlines off.  Assuming you mean the reference grid, of course?

As another update, I've figured out the mystery partially... it only affects vector views.  After taking a closer look at the saved vector screenshot in another image editor program; initially, the gridlines in that editor were not visible.  Until I started experimenting with the contrast, at which point they become visible.  I switched the elevation view from vector to technical illustration, and the gridlines then don't appear in the saved image.  

So, it seems, at least in my case, that vector elevation views always have non-visible grid present.  They're not normally visible, until you go to print of course.  Or adjust the image contrast onscreen.  Wierd.  It may be a bug, since using an image of an elevation view is probably not a common thing.

1 hour ago, Vintageltd said:

EDIT:  Well... for some bizarre reason, the mentioned gridlines don't display on my uploaded image.  I'm really confused now.  They print on two different printers, display in a PDF, and show up in any image editing program I try.  They even display in Windows Photo Viewer.

Your posted image does show grid lines at approximately 1" spacing on my screen that has 96 dpi resolution.   It may just be that your screen is 72 dpi or at least something different than mine.  Also it is interesting that light gray lines are often lost with chief with different screens and or printers as I have had things that show just fine on PDF and will not print which is something you need to be aware of but can also be used to your advantage if you know what is going on.  Unfortunately I don't have it all figured out quite yet myself.