Rugs won't stay put when I try to put objects on top of them?

HeatherL

Hey guys, this is the first time I have posted one of these. So I am using Home designer Pro 2018. I have been having issues getting furniture to sit on top of rugs. I tried to do the whole send to front and send to back but that does absolutely nothing. Basically, when I try to put anything on top of a rug, it just pushes the rug out without putting my selected object on top of it. It does it with toilets and toilet rugs, bedroom furniture, dining room furniture, essentially things that would generally go on top of the rugs. 

I'm a little bit unclear on your problem...

If the problem is that when you try to place one library object on top of another, the program always wants to select the first one instead of placing the new one, then you should try placing the object to the side and then move it on top of the first one.  Sometimes holding down the control key helps with this because it disables the bumping/pushing and allows you to move the object freely.

If the problem is that the objects won't display in the correct order in your plan view, you can control this with the Draw Order Edit Tools.  Basically, you can move any object into any drawing group so that it draws in front or behind other objects.  You can also move objects around within their group.  More info can be found in the reference manual.