Hole/gap In Perimeter Terrain

buzzsaw204

I was once given the advice to un-check the 'Hide Terrain Intersected by Building' under Clipping in the Terrain dbx, and although that cleans it up on the exterior it has a drawback in that it now goes straight through your house.

Enterprise, I don't see an option to move my terrain up or down a level, otherwise I'd like to try that myself. I have the same issues in some places.

I was once given the advice to un-check the 'Hide Terrain Intersected by Building' under Clipping in the Terrain dbx, and although that cleans it up on the exterior it has a drawback in that it now goes straight through your house.

Enterprise, I don't see an option to move my terrain up or down a level, otherwise I'd like to try that myself. I have the same issues in some places.

If you uncheck 'Hide terrain intersected...', just add a terrain hole manually in the shape you want. You'll have to change it separately if you change the shape of the house, but it's an option.

As for moving the terrain to a different level, you're right that you can't just move it up or down, but you can cut and paste it onto a different floor. It'll copy as a polyline which you'll have to re-convert to a terrain perimeter (I imagine the same goes for any roads, sidewalks, driveways, etc.). If you copy over your elevation data at the same time, the automatic contours will re-appear as soon as you convert your polyline back to a terrain perimeter. It might take a bit of time, but it's doable.

• 10 months later...

How about this one? When I add a road Polyline it cuts a whole in my terrain parameter (TP) and all I see is the hole. What happened to my road?  Also, when I attempted to change the thickness of the TP look what it did the vehicles wheels and body (they shifted and did not return when I reverted back to the original TP thickness. Weird Chit man!

post-5149-0-81599000-1433445983_thumb.jpg