Hole in wall

Mark3D

Sorry that hole is not showing in the plan file I downloaded but there is a slight misalignment of the first and second story walls right at that point on both sides of the corner which may be causing issues.  Sometimes in a situation like that you can select the wall in 3D and get some idea of which wall is misbehaving by looking at the shape of the wall polyline and carefully editing it.  I do not have that brick material in my library but that is not likely the issue.

Mark,  Try setting your railing wall where the blue arrow is ( east side level 2) to "Stop at Floor Below"  rather than "Generate Between Platforms" and I think it will be a little happier.

Maybe when Glenn takes a look he will know why.

16 minutes ago, Chopsaw said:

Mark,  Try setting your railing wall where the blue arrow is ( east side level 2) to "Stop at Floor Below"  rather than "Generate Between Platforms" and I think it will be a little happier.

Maybe when Glenn takes a look he will know why.

that did not help but thanks anyway

Mark,

I can get rid of the hole by selecting the external room between that corner and the boundary and defining it as a Deck - I think it has to do with the structure of a Deck (no ceiling).

You will need to change the floor structure to a mono slab.

You will then be left with a vertical line back a bit from the boundary side corner.

I think this is because you may have played with the Edit Wall Layer Intersection tool.

Anyway...it can be fixed with that tool.

In the second floor plan, select the walls and adjust the wall layer junctions so that the grips are at 45deg.

You probably don't need to do all the wall layers, but is shouldn't hurt. 

New Image_206.jpg

That other corner problem is a really messy corner which I think should be able to be cleaned up with the same tool.