X9_GeForce GTX 970_no plants in camera view

peter_c

With X9 we have encountered an issue with not being able to see Plants in camera views.

Its does not appear to be affecting other library items.

This is not a issue with X8.

W10, 64 bit operating system.

Tech Support have been assisting with the problem but so far we have not found the answer.

They are using the same card in one of their systems without a problem.

When we run our system in Safe Mode, it comes up with a cannot open using the

Built-In-Admin account [see attached screen snap]

After closing that error message we get video card does not meet the software's min requirements [see snap]

At the time we selected the video card as it exceeded the min std CA required.

Nvidia said it was good for CAD. Now they refer to it as a gaming card.

It works with X8 as mentioned.

Has anyone seen an issue like this?

or have any ideas as what we can try, before installing another V card.

And if that our last resort, what do we now install?

DSCN6406.JPG

DSCN6407.JPG

I've a very similar setup (X9, Win10 64-bit, GTX960), and just tested plant display in various camera views with no issues.

Are you running the latest (or at least a recent) version of nVidia's graphics driver?  There was a new release just yesterday I believe.  I'm not sure what else the issue could be, particularly if it's not an issue in X8 for you.

The error about the video card in safe mode is normal. Safe mode runs in a base video mode which would likely trigger the error.

I assume you checked the plant layer is on in the view?

Also checked that textures are showing 3D > Camera View Options > Toggle Textures?

Dan's advise is my best guess , I have the 970 too , but am trying a 980ti this week but had not noticed any issues .

Safe mode does not use Nvidia Drivrs just a basic Std VGA Adaptor Driver provided by M$soft , so you won't have 3D options there....

you didn't say if indoor plants , exterior, 2D or 3D ...are they from a particular Library? have you updated your Core and Library items since Upgrading to X9?

M.

Hi Dan & Mick,

Tech Support believe its my system not a CA issue, because of the Error messages.

Whats frustrating is that it work in X8,

I'm feeling a little better that the Vid Card not working is normal in Safe Mode, but does that explain the error messages? 

Plant layer is on in camera, cross section, elevation etc.

There are there in 2D.

In Toggle Textures -  its greyed out.

The image files are there. If I go to Date\Textures|Plants.zip - the plant images are there.

It looking like all images, not gust plants are not visible.

Whatever is required for them to be seen is missing/off  [thats my simple explanation]

All Core library files have been reloaded.

It was suggested that we load older Nvidai drivers, but it wasn't working in X9 when the older driver was running.

I can see that there are quite a few users with the same card, which also leans it towards being an operating system problem.

Our IT guy cannot get here till next week.

If we can find a solution / or not I will let you know.

It's looking more like a sea anchor for this machine though.

Appreciate the the time Tech Support and you guys have given.

The error message about your video is related to the integrated HD4000 chip, I get this on one of my systems with HD3000. X8 worked fine but X9 does not. I checked into this and it appears to be related to the version of OpenGL that your chip can support. These integrated graphics chips are no longer supported and their OpenGL version is way outdated. I think what has happened is that in X9 there are some additional render features such as bloom and ambient occlusion that can't be handled by these older chips and you either get the error message or things will not display. Maybe CA could write a test for the graphics chip series and disable the unsupported render features.

In Toggle Textures -  its greyed out.

Peter,

My guess is that you have already been given the answer by Dan.

Do a Perspective Full Overview and Toggle Textures should be available.

The Toggle Textures tool will only work in a standard render view - not in a plan or vector view.

If Toggle Textures is greyed out, you must be in either a plan view or a 3D vector view.

Note that whilst in standard render mode, you can toggle textures on and your plants will appear, and if you then toggle the same view into a vector view, the plants will remain visible. ie, the texture toggle mode will apply to both standard and vector views - even though you can only toggle textures in standard mode.

If that doesn't make sense, let me know and I can do a quick video, or probably better is a Skype session where we can share screens - am just over in Sydney.

• Upvote 1

You guys are absolutely brilliant.

My eyes are hanging out of head with all the late nights chatting with Tech Support and the Forum.

Such a simple solution.

I'd buy you a beer or 2 in appreciation.

but unless your in Western Australia it might be a bit difficult.