Streching details lines

capitaldesigns

I have a typical detail that I need to stretch the length. I do not see how to do this in CA. I know how to do this with the floor plans but

do not know how to do this with a details. In AutoCAD this is a common command. In AutoCAD I type in "ST" for stretch, then draw a marque

around the part of the detail I want to stretch and move the mouse in the direction I want it to stretch. Then type the distance, and done.

Does anyone know how to do this in CA ?

Thanks,

Mike

Cut/Paste Hold Position to a blank plan, use Edit Area to stretch, and then Cut/Paste Hold Position back into Detail.  

Edit Area is currently the best we can do in Chief but it doesn't always work all that well depending on the structure of your line work and it definitely leaves a bit to be desired but it does work for many situations.  

Thanks Michael. I just discovered another way to do this. I'm not sure if it works in all cases but it worked for the detail I needed to stretch.

1. Draw a marque around the part of the detail you want to stretch. Make sure you first select intersecting objects in the marque selection menu.

2. Either select the edit handle and move the cursor in the desired direction of your stretch, hit the tab key and enter the distance of the stretch, or

click on transform/replicate then move and type in the distance of the stretch in the appropriate X,Y,Z field.

I went through the manual and was not able to find a description on how to stretch detail lines. I see a lot on stretching cabinets, backdrops, etc.

Thanks,

Mike