Print to PDF distorts portions of the drawing

StudConstruction

When I print to pdf (600/1200/2400dpi makes no difference) the resulting image comes out as shown in the attached screen shot. also, there appears to be some image on top of the distorted portion on the pdf. If you rest your cursor over the distorted image it changes to a cross hair and allows you to click the area showing a blue box that directly relates to the portion of the drawing that is distorted.

Please also see the attached pdf for reference. Has anyone experienced this or does anyone have any idea why it might do this?

PDF Distortion.jpg

Yes this has been randomly happening to me and I have made CA aware of it but it would be great if you could contact them and send in your plan file to make them more aware and possibly provide more data to help them figure out the problem and prioritize a fix.

You did not mention what PDF software you are using (I guess "Save to PDF" that is part of Chief?). I have never seen this occur on my PC (I would be very concerned if I ever did). This is certainly an unwanted problem, if you have an active SSA call Tech Support for help during their Pacific office hours.

DJP

Are you printing with 3rd party such as Adobe Acrobat DC, or using Chief's built in 'save as pdf'?  The issue only comes up when 3rd party, and only in the areas immediately around the transparant fills.  Sometimes the fills work fine.  In my testing, it happens more often with angled or circular fills vs right angles.

Something to consider.  Glad it is working for most.  I use transparent fills in my walls so i don't have to do all the gray scaling layersets and hoops, and so it happens 99% of the time for me UNLESS I use Chief's built in 'save as pdf', then it works perfect everytime.  But then you lose some of the extra features of the 3rd party apps.

Hope that helps those who are running into issues.

On 7/19/2017 at 11:50 AM, Griffin said:

If you are using any transparent fills anywhere in your plan file that may be the problem.  

Also, always use the "Chief Architect Save as PDF" rather than another PDF output source.

Thank you for this tip, however, I do not see a "Save as PDF" option. Am I missing something?

On 7/19/2017 at 5:13 PM, DavidJPotter said:

You did not mention what PDF software you are using ...

DJP

I am using Adobe Acrobat Through my Creative Cloud Subscription with Adobe

On 7/20/2017 at 2:16 PM, BenPalmer said:

Are you printing with 3rd party such as Adobe Acrobat DC, or using Chief's built in 'save as pdf'?  The issue only comes up when 3rd party, and only in the areas immediately around the transparant fills...

I am using Adobe Acrobat and you are correct it only appears to happen near the bubble transparent fill areas. Also, I have not been able to find the "Save as PDF" option in Chief that everyone keeps talking about. I assumed it would pop up as a file type after the "Save As" option but it does not.

Thank you both for your help.