Chief Architect X9 library thumbnails load slowly

Westlanedesigns

Chief Architect X9 library thumbs nails load slow. Anyone have a similar issue? Here is my system.

Windows 10 Pro

Intel Core i7-6900K

Nvidia GTX 1070

Crucial MX300 275GB SSD

Crucial 4X4GB DDR4 2400 RAM

I have Chief X8 and X9 on this system. in X8 the thumbnails load as expected. In X9 they take a long time.

I have taken a picture of Mirrors and Frames. The thumbnails in this folder take about 4 seconds to load. When I open the same folder in X8 it takes a little over 1 second. This may seem insignificant, but when you are doing things like changing doors I need to wait for all of the door thumbnails to load before I can pick the one I want. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the program.

Mirrors and Frames.png

Doors.png

Yes X9 is slower as there is more library content and higher resolution symbols.  For me it is the larger folders that take the most time.  If you want to time how long it takes to open one of the specifically larger slower folders.  Maybe someone with a comparable system will test with you as your system specs look pretty fast.

P.S. Looks like it is time to update your signature...  You can also put your comp specs in there so they are quickly referenced.

Thanks, I have another computer in my office running X9 on Windows 7. It is noticeably faster. I keep thinking it is a Windows 10 issue, but I am trying to figure out if it is Windows 10 or if there is an issue with this machine.

Thanks for the signature advice!

21 hours ago, glennw said:

I probably have the oldest system here (just thinking of going to an iMac).

I don't see any delay at all - it all happens in a flash.

Are you going to the Dark Side Obiwan?   :) 

I have the same computer as you but with 12GB of Ram but have built the  X99 6 core system in my sig. and am slowly moving everything over to it...

Maybe just me but the Library always seem horrendously slow to me , so I have turned off Standard View for it and , enable it for an item if needed.

M.

I have my Library Browser set to Vector view and it is faster than X8 in my X9, try that. Also strongly consider calling upon Tech Support. They have wider experience than any of us and want to help. Setting your LB to Standard then weighs heavily on your video card (but you have a good one already, probably not the cause but vector view is faster than standard generally).

DJP

I have the same issue on my Windows 10 machine, and it's pretty spec'd out. My MacBook Pro loads in no time. I did create a few more folders for specific items and it seemed to help, but still a noticeable lag.

I have sent something to tech support. I am thinking it is some combination of W10, the NVIDIA drivers for my card and CAx9. It works as expected on CAx8 on the same machine. 

I played around with it a little more yesterday bought haven't figured anything out yet. I have already wasted more time than it is worth. I shouldn't have got a new computer, new operating system and new version of CA all at the same time. Too mamy variables to easily troubleshoot.

I just got off the phone with CA Support. We did some troubleshooting. It would appear there is an issue with the driver. We weren't able to fix the problem, but he found a way to at least make it load faster. If you go to Edit/Preferences select Library Browser. In the Selection Pane View uncheck Show Names in Selection Pane. As the name would suggest you will lose the names in the selection pane, but the thumbnails will load faster. As fast as expected.