Stairs, will be the death of me in this program!!

CutAbove

I have a set of stairs going to basement, I have them open but there are my 2 problems I am sure they are easy fixes but I can't see to figure it out.  First of all, I need to figure out how to eliminate the railing wrap on the main floor, see picture.  Also I would like to do some custom stair built ins below the stairs, but I need the rails to be sheet rock, any helpful hints?  Thank you! 

stairs 2.jpg

stairs.jpg

Try selecting the railing and making it Invisible.  You need to keep it there to maintain the opening but you don't have to see it. Not exactly sure what type of built ins but you can build a wall under the stair rail and then do what you want with that.   

13 minutes ago, Joe_Carrick said:

Why did you post this in "Tips and Techniques" instead of "Q&A" where it should be?

Because he is looking for a tip or technique - makes sense to me. ;)

• Upvote 1

Tips & Techniques

Share your favorite tried and true methods for solving custom problems using Chief Architect.

That's what it says at the top of this forum.  I think that's pretty clear.

OTOH, At the top of the General Q&A forum it says:

General Q & A

Ask Chief-related questions and get answers from experienced users.

I really thank you for all your help, I will ask on the Q&A.  I honestly didn't think I was in the wrong forum but it has been noted and renoted that I was.  Thank you for those who shared a helpful tip I honestly think you gave me the answer.