Countertop overhang

BryanXG

Go to solution Solved by Joe_Carrick,

How do you get the countertop to extend beyond the back of the cabinet to cover the kneewall and overhang at the seating area?

I have the backsplash at 0, I unchecked "Uniform" for overhang, and set the back overhang to 16"... yet the back overhang does not show.

How do I achieve countertop overhang?

TiA,

2017-07-18_0943.png

2017-07-18_0944.png

3 hours ago, BryanXG said:

How do you get the countertop to extend beyond the back of the cabinet to cover the kneewall and overhang at the seating area?

I have the backsplash at 0, I unchecked "Uniform" for overhang, and set the back overhang to 16"... yet the back overhang does not show.

How do I achieve countertop overhang?

TiA,

2017-07-18_0943.png

2017-07-18_0944.png

Kind of frustrating but the countertop will not go through the HALF WALL.  That is why Joe suggested using custom countertops.

12 minutes ago, NRST8TRKR said:

Lower the knee wall to same as top of cabinet and it should work.

Have a great week,Ken

I did have the kneewall set to 34½".

Should I have tried 34¼"?

The job is done with Custom Countertops now... took a bit to workout to add breaks so the shapes could be manipulated properly.

Have to draw it like you build it. If cabinet box is 34 1/4" then wall has to be 34 1/4.

If you have a 34 1/4" cabinet  box in the real world and build the knee wall 34 1/2 it ain't gonna work.

Advantage to custom counter top is the ability to make it any shape you want.

Have a great week,Ken

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, BillMc said:

Or simply add a custom countertop to the back of the cabinet, at the width you want the overhang to be.

True, I like having one top.  I makes it easy to have an overhang on more than one edge and round off the corners

• 5 years later...

I prefer not to create a "custom countertop" especially when there's a sink in the island.  My work around is to create a partition the size of your half wall (4-1/2" thick or your preferene x 34-1/2" tall) and then change the layer properties to wall or railing whichever you prefer so that it can be located when pulling dimensions in the framing layout view.

Hope that helps.

• Downvote 1

2 hours ago, AdamLaneerConst said:

I prefer not to create a "custom countertop" especially when there's a sink in the island.  My work around is to create a partition the size of your half wall (4-1/2" thick or your preferene x 34-1/2" tall) and then change the layer properties to wall or railing whichever you prefer so that it can be located when pulling dimensions in the framing layout view.

Hope that helps.

This thread was 5 years old, surprise it was still relevant, haha.
Why do you avoid custom countertops?