Tab Spacing

jbaehmer

I brought this up once before but thought I would again just in case.....

Here is the story.  Couple notes first.... we the same version of CA x9 and windows 10 on a PC.

I created the layout and plan file in X9.  (Not as a up-conversion from a prior version).  Created a piece of text in the plan file and sent that view to the layout.  I then copied that same text and created a text box in the layout file.

I created the PDF named, "Ver 1".

I then send those same files to a friend who opened the layout file and made a PDF called "Ver 2".   He did not adjust any text.  Just opened and printed.  

As you will see the spacing is off.  We use the same font and font size of Arial Narrow.  We went as far to him sending me his ttf file of arial narrow and I installed it.  Still the same results of the spacing being off.

I have sent into Tech support and they are looking into it, but thought I would throw it at you guys to see if you had any ideas.

Ver 2.pdf

Ver 1.pdf

Untitled 1.plan

Untitled 1.layout

I've come to think this problem might have something to do with the screen resolution of the machine the plan is being viewed on.  I made a video on a very similar sort of issue recently and sent it into tech support.  It's obviously not the exact same issue but it definitely seems like it could be related.  In the video though you can see how zooming temporarily affects text.  It just seems like this same thing may be happening on a bigger scale when the plan is being viewed on different machines.   No matter what the problem is though, it's definitely something tech support needs to be looking into...

Text in Chief is a joke nearly all around. 

Did you guys notice that if you have standard text vs Rich text, but set to the same size, they are NOT the same size on many fonts?  I agree its not off by a lot, but if you have multiple lines of text its enough off to cause problems.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, johnny said:

Did you guys notice that if you have standard text vs Rich text, but set to the same size, they are NOT the same size on many fonts?  I agree its not off by a lot, but if you have multiple lines of text its enough off to cause problems.

I have not noticed that but will now be looking out for it, but I have definitely noticed and posted about Rich Text and Standard Text set to the exact same colour not being the same colour.  Quite noticeable when there is some deficiency with one system or the other and a side by side substitution has to be done.  So yes there is much work to be done with Text.

1 hour ago, Alaskan_Son said:

I've come to think this problem might have something to do with the screen resolution of the machine the plan is being viewed on.  I made a video on a very similar sort of issue recently and sent it into tech support.  It's obviously not the exact same issue but it definitely seems like it could be related.  In the video though you can see how zooming temporarily affects text.  It just seems like this same thing may be happening on a bigger scale when the plan is being viewed on different machines.   No matter what the problem is though, it's definitely something tech support needs to be looking into...

Thanks.  I did a quick search and didn't even see this video you did about a week ago.  Thanks.