connection issue

johnny

Hey guys, i'm having a bit of a connection issue on a duplex townhouse plan where i have an intersecting eave with fascia (both sides same condition).  I've tried some different solutions myself and I seem to run into issues whichever route I go.  If the problem was simply the siding layer Id just place a MR in this spot and call it a day, but there is actually a structural goof-up with the shape so i'd like to correct the problem if possible.

What is interesting is in the dbx the visual of the gable attic wall seems fine.

I appreciate any help.

issue2.png

issue1.png

LG_brian_townhouse4.plan

I think that is caused from the roof fascia being so much lower than the ceiling of the room.  It also has a different fascia height than the adjoining roof plane.  David's fix is the fastest way to deal with it.

Thanks David and Javatom.

I ended up redesigning that intersection of the roof - though I needed to reduce the overhang of the "main body".  The problem with the work-around solution is the framing and everything else would be off - and i am making a concerted effort to keep everything as clean as possible.

This issue of "connections" is my #1 problem with Chief.

redesign.png

To cross check the situation Johnny was encountering, I my self seen  very small gap arround attic walls. So I am going to agree that there is diffinitly a gap created due to program miscalculating  length of the attic wall. I do not commonly see this type of connection messes, but at least this situation can not be associated with user error. Again I am sure that most of connection problems are happen due to user errors.

The roof configuration posted by Johny and similar one shown in my video clearly proves that, connection problems can occure. I could be missing some thing and would be glad if some one else could help or tell me that it is fixed in x9

Sorry about sound clarity.