Flat or flater roof

Designer1

Hi,

Does anyone know what the best way to create flat or even flatter roofs in chief?  I noticed playing around with roofs there gets to be issues when the pitch gets too low. Im not sure if chief has a limit on roofs... like is the pitch limited to 2/12 and thats the flattest or are there other options?   In the past Ive soffited the entire roof just to get rid of the exposed wood to have a more finished appearance for renderings.  I wanted to find out what the more professional way of utilizing a flat roof in chief.

Thanks!

Chad

Chopsaw thanks for the reply.  Im not having any issues persay but Im embarking on finishing this contemporary elevation that would look best with a flatter roof. In the past (I have version X9 now) there were issues with eaves, gutters etc.  I just was asking kind of a generic question on how do most chiefers go about doing flatter roofs.  I understand that roofs arent suppose to be flat but just thought Id pose this question given Im about to do a modern home design. Ive seen some builders have a pitched roof but use soffits and raised parapets to disguise the roofline to make it appear flat even though its not.  Sorry if the question isnt specific I just wanted to get more ideas on this design type in chief.

Here is a job I just completed a few weeks ago. The house has a roughly H shaped footprint with the center of the H being a high ceiling with sip panels with a 1 1/2 in 12 pitch on the roof. The legs of the H are flat with sip panels with a layer of rigid foam cut on a 1/4"  per foot to give some drainage for the Rubber Membrane roof.

Have a great weekend.

oore Home.jpg

Sorry for the late responses.  Thank you so much for the recommendations and examples.  It appear you all have a lot of experience with these modern roof types. Although mine is for conceptualization and renderings its good to know the best policy on build to save time later.  Thanks for all your help.

Chad

• 1 month later...