Request a normals map

Renerabbitt

Kirk Clemons of Chief Architect has also Created a Tutorial for those willing to try making there own it is here:

https://kcclemo.neocities.org/creating-height-and-normal-maps/

Chief Architect also has a KB Tutorial on how to Apply Maps here:

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-01807/using-bump-maps-to-make-realistic-water-effects.html

And hopefully Kirk doesn't mind  I made a PDF of his Tutorial too... you'll still need the Internet for the Online Map Mapper and GIMP - an Image Editing Program.

Creating Height Maps and Normal Maps.pdf

• Upvote 1

I've tried using that online tutorial and got all the way to the online Normal Map generator and everything worked and look fine, except when I downloaded the image and looked at it on my system is was all black.  Wondering what I missed.

On 7/14/2017 at 4:21 PM, KirkClemons said:

IMG_20170714_161817_890.thumb.jpg.ff022c1e459c007387a686e7ac3757e7.jpg

10 minutes ago, jtcapa1 said:

I've tried using that online tutorial and got all the way to the online Normal Map generator and everything worked and look fine, except when I downloaded the image and looked at it on my system is was all black.  Wondering what I missed.

jtcapa, quoting kirkclemons as I don't use his particular method and generate my maps through photoshop only

post an image if you would like it converted,

cheers.

37 minutes ago, jtcapa1 said:

I have photoshop and would prefer to use it. Did a few years ago but cannot recall how to create the final purple Normal Map image

shoot me a PM, if you download teamviewer you can do a screen share and I can show you how real quick

On 7/19/2017 at 11:42 AM, jtcapa1 said:

Could be a browser issue. I generally use GIMP for all of my normal maps, but it seemed simpler to write the article using the online generator as installing the normal map plugin and working with layers seemed like it might be a little more complex than the majority of users would be willing to go.

Maybe I'll write a second article or create a video some time showing the method I use all within GIMP. But, if you have access to Photoshop, then it is worth learning how to take advantage of it.

• 4 weeks later...