Every time I send elevations to layout they are blurry?

Marina_R

23 minutes ago, Marina_R said:

Why do my elevations turn out blurry and some lines missing when I send them to layout? What can I do to prevent that? 

Blury.JPG

When you go to print from layout it will show properly, chief does this to save computer resources...you can also update the view with the spinning wheel(Update view) in the bottom tool bar when you select the view

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Renerabbitt said:

When you go to print from layout it will show properly, chief does this to save computer resources...

...yes but there is no way any user would know this as Chief doesn't tell anyone about this 'feature' so your (OP) confusion is understandable.

If you want them to be sharp in layout you can zoom way way in and select the layout box and hit refresh as this seems to be dependent on current screen resolution and magnification.    Just be aware this will use resources to display this way and may slow things down on you.

• Upvote 1

@Renerabbitt ye it does however some lines are still missing when I send to print.. Some days when I send to layout, it shows perfectly with the right line weights and all cad lines shown ( these are my lucky days) however most of the time it shows blurry elevations and missing lines. Frustrating.

...yes but there is no way any user would know this as Chief doesn't tell anyone about this 'feature'

It's really not a feature but it is something we have to deal with because of technical limitations related to producing high resolution camera views in real time. 

It's also not some big secret we are trying to hide.  There is a whole section in the Reference Manual about "Keeping Layout Views Current" where this issue is mentioned.  There is also the help article that I posted above.