CABINETRY | DIMENSIONS | WALL TYPE - ISSUES

interiorarch

Hello.   

Attached are several images along with a Chief Architect* plan file to use as reference to my question. 

I am tracing a floor plan I received from one of our designers (the CAD, Default layer is outlined in red).  The master plans have already been drawn up in SketchUp.   We build the same floor plan in both programs due to different beneficial functions in both companies. As a result, it is important both projects are built to exactly within the same dimensions, in order to share information within our network.

In the upper right hand corner of the floor plan, you will notice a set of cabinetry. I have traced my exterior walls/interior walls to fit within the red CAD, Default layer. The area of dry wall that recesses into this "main range" section/unit was designed using polyline solids (box).   Based off the screenshot, I built my base cabinets using the same dimensions provided. Unfortunately, my cabinets are completely off from what SketchUps look like in terms of filling the entire "main range" unit of the kitchen.

Could the overall floor plan be completely off, I have tried my best to match dimension and seemed to match up. (Hoping this is not the case)

Please let me know if this makes sense or if you have any other questions.

Thank You!

INTERIOR_ARCHAEOLOGY_SUMMER_17_ROUGH.plan

Main Range 7 11.jpg

15 minutes ago, GeneDavis said:

Is this the inset faceframed job with the 1" stiles?  

I wouldn't take this job a single step further without a consultation with the people that will build this.

I agree that I'd be talking to the maker. As drawn in the original file,  with 1/2" stile on each cabinet, I'd get turned down by everyone I deal with.

It certainly could be done. I drew them as combined and could get that built one way or another. Since this would certainly be a higher end job I would never have them assembled with 1/2" stiles in the field even if I could. Even with standard stiles on inset we always combine cabinets where possible. Typical limits to combine run from 84 to 96" overall length. (making certain they can be gotten into the space, careful with elevators DAMHIKT)

Framelesss inset are common enough in some high end using 3/4" boxes but not common with 1" ply boxes. Better makers will combine. My first choice would be to price 1" frameless boxes ($$)

OR as I noted earlier only using drawers and pullouts, 3/4" boxes with 1" frames-no hinged doors-(still combined.)

I don't like the idea of packing out a hidden hinge to make it work on 3/4" boxes with 1" frames. Even exposed hinges need to be mortised instead of wrap with stiles that small.